Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

d-usa

Old December 27th, 2010, 02:09 PM
When selecting a unit of Rat Ogres you can adjust the number of Rat Ogres present in the unit, as well as the number of Packmasters.

But when trying to upgrade one of the Packmasters to a Master Moulder, you loose all Packmasters and only have the option to have one Master Moulder in the unit, instead of 1 or more Packmaster as well as a Master Moulder.
d-usa is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old December 27th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Thanks for reporting the bug.
Are you using the latest version of the data file available from the data file download site?
My version of the data files are working properly for me but since I "am" the skaven data file author my files have updates that havent been able to be released to the masses since there is no WHFB main data file author to update the files.

edit: I have not been able to replicate the bug. I created a unit of Rat ogres and then added the max number of packmasters. then selected the master moulder option and that created 1 master moulder and deducted one from the number of packmasters which was still the correct number of packmasters.

Last edited by Yobtar; December 27th, 2010 at 06:00 PM.
Yobtar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
d-usa

Old December 28th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Looks like I am using Version 1.10 of the WFB 8th Ed. Data Files, released 10/27/2010.
d-usa is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old December 28th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I just redownloaded the 1.10 file from the data file site and created a skaven army.

I made a unit of 17 rat ogres. Added the max number of packmasters allowed (9 total). Then added the master moulder which reduced the packmasters by one for a total of 8 packmasters and one master moulder.

I think this is the bug-
If you create a new unit of rat ogres and do not add more packmasters or rat ogres and then upgrade the only packmaster to a master moulder before buying more packmasters then the other packmasters do not show up until you purchase more rat ogres (4 or more). then you can add more packmasters if you like. This is because the total number of packmasters (remember master moulders are packmasters) is 1/2 the number of rat ogres +1. So the one packmaster you upgrade to a master moulder is the only packmaster allowed until you buy more rat ogres.
Yobtar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
d-usa

Old December 28th, 2010, 06:26 PM
That is what I did. Had a unit of 4 rat ogres with 2 pack masters. Upgraded to master moulder, and both pack masters disapeared and only the one master moulder remained.

I will try again tonight on a clean roster, if it still acts up I will try to either do a screen shot or probably video it so you can see if I am just goofing something up.

Thanks
d-usa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
d-usa

Old December 29th, 2010, 05:52 AM
It is working, I kept on trying to do it with 3 rat ogres, forgot to expand the unit. Goof up on my part and not a bug at all.
d-usa is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old December 29th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Hey not a problem good to know people are still checking and reporting issues.
Yobtar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote