Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Coopernicus

Old September 11th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I'm attempting to use the editor to make a new (copy) of weapon finesse in order to create weapon trickery (3rd party) which gives a bonus to hit with the same type of weapons using Charisma instead of Dexterity.
I can't seem to find the place I need to do the dex to chr change over though...

Any help? Thanks
Coopernicus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
thundershot

Old September 11th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Huh. you're right. I don't see any scripts in there... How does it do what it needs to do? Or is it tied to the weapons? They do have the "weapon finesse" tag...
thundershot is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old September 11th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I changed Weapon Finesse for my game, to use 1/2 Dex bonus (rounded down). I remember it was a pain in the arse, because I had to get the timing right. Essentially, all Weapon Finesse does is tag the hero with the feat, and a weapon with the finesse tag, and all finesse tags when calculating weapon attack values have use Dex instead of Str. It's pretty much hard coded. So, what you have to do is take out the Dex bonus, and add in the Cha bonus instead. You can script it right in Weapon Finesse, in Post-Attributes, at least that's where it worked for me. Outside of that, I can't recall the exact method I used and I did this several months ago.
Kendall-DM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob12
Banned

Old September 11th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Great minds think alike ... You're terrific ...
rob12 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Coopernicus

Old September 16th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Wha?... Where is post attributes and what is the coding I have to put in? Sorry, I' ve never done this before.

Thanks
Coopernicus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old September 16th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I'm not familiar with the Pathfinder files, but assuming the Editor is somewhat the same, the thing your are replacing in the Editor has a button called "Eval Scripts" where you put the script and designate the timing. Are you attempting to actually replace Weapon Finesse, or make your own copy of something similar to Weapon Finesse? The reason I ask is, Weapon Finesse is not calculated with a script, which means that it is coded for the program to always use dexterity instead of strength if it is greater. Therefore, you would be better off making your own new feat, and allow use of Charisma instead of Strength. The problem you will have with that is, what if someone takes Weapon Finesse and has Weapon Trickery as well? Which stat gets used? If you are removing Weapon Finesse as an option for a feat, then it should be fine. However, a bit more details on what you want will go a long way with the community helping you out.
Kendall-DM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Coopernicus

Old September 17th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Thanks! What I'm trying to do is make the feat Weapon Trickery;

Weapon Trickery

Your fighting style is built on misdirection, hiding your true skill, and constantly concealing your true target and style of attack.

Prerequisite: Bluff as class skill, Cha 13.

Benefit: With a light or one-handed martial weapon, made for a creature of your size category, you may use your Charisma modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls.
Coopernicus is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old September 17th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Is this in addition to a choice of Weapon Finesse? In other words, could a character actually end up with both feats?
Kendall-DM is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 17th, 2011, 08:37 AM
The way the feat is worded above you could use both Weapon Finesse and Weapon Trickery to get both Cha and Dex bonuses to hit. I doubt that is the intent though.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Coopernicus

Old September 18th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Not weapon finesse, I was just attempting to use it as a template to create Weapon Trickery, which is what I want to give the character.
Coopernicus is offline   #10 Reply With Quote