Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Mergon

Old March 30th, 2016, 08:46 PM
Is Faction support built into HL 5e anywhere?

If not anyone have an idea on how best to implement Factions? I think I'd need a drop down that fists the 5 ranks (1 - 5) and a text box to track Renown.

Hmmm . . . maybe a better question would be is there Renown support built in HL 5e?

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Thunder

Old April 4th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Good questions. I was looking for the same things.

It would even be cool if the "play" page stayed the faction icon somewhere.

Peace.
Thunder is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dafrca

Old April 5th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Just curious, other than for the D&D Adventures League, do folks use the Factions/Renown in their games?

If not, maybe there would be a way to make it it's own tab that can be turned on/off like the Class tabs or class spell tabs act.

Just a thought. :-)
dafrca is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old April 5th, 2016, 08:38 PM
I use Factions in all my campaigns. I've been trying to figure out a way to implement them myself. Also, I want to put in a suggestion to steal something from the Pathfidner part of HL; a feature that implements reputation with it own set of journal-like entries.

Mergon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old November 27th, 2016, 11:53 AM
I'm going to submit this as a bug, but am also posting here in case others have come across this and can shed some light on the issue.

I am unable to use factions with a portfolio created on an iPad and e-mailed to myself to edit and print on my PC.

I created the Emerald Enclave faction in the Editor and I see it in all my PC-created portfolios, old or new, but not on the one I created with the iPad version.

I note that the editor says that the "use renown" option must be selected to enable factions on the background tab, but there is no such option that I can find anywhere, including in the portfolios that display the factions section. I assume that this option would appear under the Configure Hero (CTRL+K) window, but it does not.

I will note that I get an error when loading the iPad-created portfolio that reads "Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Lost Mines of Phandelver'". Seems strange that the iPad has content that is not available on the PC, but I wouldn't think that the lack of this adventure's data files would affect the ability to select factions.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old November 27th, 2016, 11:59 AM
I sent an e-mail to support, along with the POR file.

Couldn't find an on-line bug-submission page for HL SRD, only Pathfinder and Shadowrun.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 27th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
I will note that I get an error when loading the iPad-created portfolio that reads "Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Lost Mines of Phandelver'". Seems strange that the iPad has content that is not available on the PC, but I wouldn't think that the lack of this adventure's data files would affect the ability to select factions.
This is telling you that you didn't load your .user files/.1st files to the iPad. The iPad has no idea how to load data it has no reference for. Same reason you load the community Pack onto the iPad.

Step 1 of this POST I did has the link to the LW article to make a.hl file. Then email it to yourself or anyway you wish to get the file to the iPad.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 27th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
I sent an e-mail to support, along with the POR file.

Couldn't find an on-line bug-submission page for HL SRD, only Pathfinder and Shadowrun.
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources is a sticky thread at top of Forum where you request official support for issues. A bug is ANYTHING you think is not working correctly. Weather you know for a fact or are just wondering if it is wrong. Report it using the above links to get an official response from Lone Wolf.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old December 2nd, 2016, 11:13 AM
Okay, so I factions are in the background tab but none are developed (you make them custom.
Renown can be addded to PCs ONLY through the journal tab. I've made an adjustment for use with NPCs to adjust renown.
Do we want to implement this this way?
CptCoots is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old December 2nd, 2016, 12:26 PM
For the Factions in the modules, I just add them as custom factions on the Background tab then track them on the Journal tab.

I've added a bunch of factions from my campaign. Some day I'll get around to addign the offical factions.

Mergon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote