Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

athelu

Old March 7th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Hello all,

Now that I am beginning to create adventures within realmworks I have run into a issue. I have been using the Map Pins as the room descriptions - similar to a traditional adventure module. I put in the Player text and the GM text, however both of these fields do not allow me to put in all the relevant information for some of the areas.

Is there a way to link an encounter or something to a pin where we could get more verbose information?
athelu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 7th, 2016, 10:26 AM
The only drawback with increasing the field size is that it would encourage more people to try and put the entire room description in the pin popup window. This means that you won't benefit from the topic linking that is available if the room description was available as an actual topic.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 7th, 2016, 11:56 AM
As Farling said, better to associate a scene topic. You can put the map into the navigation pan during play and click on a pin to show the associated scene content int the main window. Then you have full access to all of RW's functionality, including autolinking, granular review, snippet styles, linking to Hero Labs (if you use HL).

I've used the pin fields for describing rooms in the past, but increasingly have limited that to anything but the most basic, non-encounter, type areas. I also wouldn't find having a large amount of test in what is essentially a tool-tip very DM friendly in play. You'd have to be careful to keep the mouse cursor over the pin and not move it, unless you go into editing mode.

It is meant to be a quick reminder, not a replacement for a proper location or scene topic.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
athelu

Old March 8th, 2016, 03:58 PM
thanks for the feedback. I am trying to re-work these now with these suggestions. hopefully this works better.
athelu is offline   #4 Reply With Quote