Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

Noctivagus

Old April 3rd, 2014, 12:41 AM
I'm not sure what happened here. HeroLab and the WoD dataset were working fine a week ago. I created a character about that time for a forum game, submit her, then closed HeroLab. I haven't opened the program since then.

However, when I opened it tonight, I found errors similar to the attached on all my previously created characters. It seems to me as if all the base merits were removed, though I can't imagine what I did to cause that. These merits don't even appear on the list for new characters either.

Thanks for any help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HeroLabError1.jpg (110.5 KB, 7 views)
Noctivagus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 3rd, 2014, 07:42 AM
There weren't any error messages that popped up while you were opening the WoD files or this specific character? I wouldn't have expected this sort of validation error to be the first sign of this kind of trouble.

If there is an error message, you can right-click it to copy it and make it easier to paste here than taking a screenshot.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Noctivagus

Old April 3rd, 2014, 09:38 AM
No, there was no error message at all. Everything else works fine, and all the custom merits I've added over the years are still there and available. It's only the default merits that won't show up.

I installed the player-made God Machine addon located in this forum information about three weeks ago, and that installed fine. But even with that, I backed up my .user file before I made any changes. Resetting the original .user file had no effect. But I didn't think it would as, even after installing the God-Machine stuff, HeroLab worked just fine.

I did, however, just enable the Datafile Debugging option under the Develop menu, thinking that maybe that might yield some additional information, and it gave me this error:

Attempt to access 'focus' pick from script when no focus exists
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'EvoDetails' (Eval Script '#2') near line 4
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'EvoDetails' (Eval Script '#2') near line 7
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'EvoDetails' (Eval Script '#2') near line 9
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'EvoDetails' (Eval Script '#2') near line 4
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'EvoDetails' (Eval Script '#2') near line 7
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'EvoDetails' (Eval Script '#2') near line 9

Could that be related?

And to be clear, it's doing this same thing for all the characters I've made in the WoD dataset. Could my Core WOD package corrupted somehow and only affected just the merits?
Noctivagus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 3rd, 2014, 10:21 AM
I'd open the god machine files in the editor and look at the *Hidden and *Preclude tabs - if you've opened a character created without this data, and some of what this file is hiding or precluding was used on that character, those are the sort of error messages you'd expect to see. So, by looking at what makes up those files, you can see if it's got a conflict with a character you created without having that content loaded.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Noctivagus

Old April 3rd, 2014, 10:40 AM
Okay, so I moved the GMC stuff out of the folder completely, and that fixed the problem. Now I feel kind of like an idiot. lol! I was sure I'd used HeroLab since putting the GMC file in there, but apparently I didn't, or I would've seen this issue much sooner.

Thanks for the help!
Noctivagus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
devidrignmc
Banned

Old July 1st, 2014, 04:30 AM
I have checked your error report. I have not any idea what happen.

around delhi
devidrignmc is offline   #6 Reply With Quote