Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

darthgator

Old June 22nd, 2018, 06:22 PM
I've started experimenting with the troop subtype, and I'm having an issue with the end result. I tried creating a template to add to a single creature that would create a "troop" rather than creating each troop as an individual race. I had no problem adding the necessary abilities, but when I add the template to a creature, HL gives me a validation error telling me I can't add class levels to a creature with that template. I've gone through everything I can see in the editor, and I can't find anything that would cause the error. If you create a new NPC using the Troop races included with HL, you can freely add class levels with no issue. Does anyone have any ideas? Do I need to post the User file I'm creating so someone can examine it?

Thanks in advance!
darthgator is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 22nd, 2018, 08:28 PM
You can click and drag templates to move them around the list of classes. If you set your template to be "Inherited", then the template will need to be early in the list, just after the race, but before any class levels are added. If you've set your template as "acquired", then I'm not sure what you're getting, and please copy down the error message exactly, since right now, I'm not sure what to try to reproduce this.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old June 23rd, 2018, 06:41 AM
Another simpler option would be to add Troop as an extra subtype through the Customizing toolbox. However, I do understand the preference for using a template, as it more readily shows you you have added the troop mechanics when you browse through a monster.
Lord Magus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote