Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old April 5th, 2016, 06:58 AM
I was wondering if there might be a way to create an adjustment for Path of War classes that would manually increase the total initiator level, much in the same way the Magic Level works. Also, a way to tell Hero Labs to "Count XXX class as a part of full initiator levels."

I have tried to fiddle with both but the code for Path of War stuff is not very user friendly.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 5th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
I was wondering if there might be a way to create an adjustment for Path of War classes that would manually increase the total initiator level, much in the same way the Magic Level works. Also, a way to tell Hero Labs to "Count XXX class as a part of full initiator levels."
Yea I can add this to the to-do list.

Quote:
I have tried to fiddle with both but the code for Path of War stuff is not very user friendly.
I have to say this comes across as VERY rude and hurtful to me. Maybe its not want you meant but I don't see the need to insult my framework that I spent ALLOT of hours on. I then gave that framework to the community for FREE to allow PoW stuff to work.

So yes I take the above to mean I am stupid idiot who can't write any code that is useful. I am having a bad day so this could all just be my perception of the world right now??????????????????

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old April 5th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I have to say this comes across as VERY rude and hurtful to me. Maybe its not want you meant but I don't see the need to insult my framework that I spent ALLOT of hours on. I then gave that framework to the community for FREE to allow PoW stuff to work.

So yes I take the above to mean I am stupid idiot who can't write any code that is useful. I am having a bad day so this could all just be my perception of the world right now??????????????????
You're stuff is awesome! Don't ever let anyone ever tell you otherwise!
Krothos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 5th, 2016, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I am deeply sorry. I did not intend it in that way. Although, I understand why what I said was rude. I did not intend it in that way nor did I mean to insult your framework.

I was out of line and am very appreciative of your work for path of war. Dont ever stop, please.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 5th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Quote:
I am deeply sorry. I did not intend it in that way. Although, I understand why what I said was rude. I did not intend it in that way nor did I mean to insult your framework.

I was out of line and am very appreciative of your work for path of war. Dont ever stop, please.
Thanks. I am having a rough week so I read "way" too much into your statement is all. Cool we all good and on the same page again and totally appreciate your kind words here.

Hopefully I can get the adjustments added for this and similar ones that where asked for use in Ultimate Psionics.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 5th, 2016, 02:48 PM
Hey Tim, I feel you on the rough week. Best wishes on the rest of it.
AndrewD2 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 5th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Thank you, again I am deeply sorry. I shoot my mouth off, and its not the first time I speak or write without thought or care.

While trying to work with the initiator stuff I ran into a small bug with the Martial Training feat. The selector only allows for the the Primary Disciplines listed in the source book. However, there appears to be more disciplines than that.

At least as far as I can tell from the PathOfWar.1st file. It also doesnt seem to allow for users to create their own disciplines.

When you try to set up a new tag for Maneuver Disciplines on the PoW maneuvers tab. That is not reflected in the choices available for martial training.

I can see the component.Simple & PathOfWar.selDisc so, I assume that that each discipline is defined somewhere and tagged with PathOfWar.selDisc. But, for the life of me I cant find where. I've searched every path of war file I can easily locate.

Last edited by TobyFox2002; April 5th, 2016 at 02:59 PM.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 5th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Quote:
While trying to work with the initiator stuff I ran into a small bug with the Martial Training feat. The selector only allows for the the Primary Disciplines listed in the source book. However, there appears to be more disciplines than that.
I think we still have a few issues with the selections. I know the one issue HERE talks about another one.

Quote:
When you try to set up a new tag for Maneuver Disciplines on the PoW maneuvers tab. That is not reflected in the choices available for martial training.

I can see the component.Simple & PathOfWar.selDisc so, I assume that that each discipline is defined somewhere and tagged with PathOfWar.selDisc. But, for the life of me I cant find where. I've searched every path of war file I can easily locate.
The different selections are sort of broke up into different Things. In the case of the standard selections these are stored in the file COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Helper Things.user they are on the 'Simple' tab and then get bootstrapped to the mechanic. At the time I didn't know how to make "Selection Helpers" which are auto-magically added to each Hero.

What maybe best to do is make a new Editor Tab that gives a single place to create new Disicplines. Then I can just update some of the old logic to look for the component.Simple & PathOfWar.selDisc or New Component types. This would allow an easier way to add "custom" disciplines. I will take a look as soon as I can.

I admit there is some room for improvement to allow additions to be done easier. Somethings where done certain way (ie using Simple Things instead of Selection Helpers) because I didn't know how at the time. Of course a year+ later and that is not the case. I just have to be careful because if I change too much it breaks existing characters (ie turning the existing Simple Things into Selection Helpers) and don't gamers to update and not be able to use an existing character...

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; April 5th, 2016 at 07:03 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 5th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
Hey Tim, I feel you on the rough week. Best wishes on the rest of it.
Thanks! It can only get better right?

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 5th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Quote:
From looking at this while I am at home. My guess is that the missing disciplines is from Path of War Expanded. If you turn on that source it appears to display all of them then.

If not can you give a specific example?

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote