Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

EightBitz

Old August 11th, 2015, 09:16 AM
I know there have been a lot of updates to Hero Lab, which includes changes to the authoring kit and the skeleton system. I know the documentation has lagged behind, but I don't know how far or how significantly.

So, how out of date is the walk-through? Is it still functional? Is it still relevant?
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2015, 09:25 AM
It still describes the process by which a game system was created, starting with the skeleton files, and ending with a working system. How would that become out of date?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 11th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
It still describes the process by which a game system was created, starting with the skeleton files, and ending with a working system. How would that become out of date?
I recall there have been times where new versions of Hero Lab were released, and some user projects had to be updated to accommodate changes.

I recall there have been things I've done where I was told I was doing things "the wrong way" or "not the best way" where I got examples from the documentation or the walk-through.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Could you point me at the examples you're talking about, please?
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 11th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Could you point me at the examples you're talking about, please?
Not offhand. This was a while ago. I was just asking a general question, and I posted in reply to your question of why I might suspect it would be out of date. But if you're saying it should still be relevant, I'll see if I can walk those coals, sleep on that bed of nails (it really is a struggle for me), and if I come across anything specific, I will let you know.
EightBitz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CubGeek

Old August 12th, 2015, 01:56 PM
Quote:
It would become out of date by not containing information about functionality that has been added to hero lab, but the corresponding information has not been added to the walk-through. When was the last time the AK documentation that is made available to end users was updated? When was the last time that functionality was added to Hero Lab?

The wiki and the walk-through allow you to understand the basics of the skeleton files, and to create a "working" system; please note that this is different then a "complete" system (see the missing parts of the wiki that have been <strikethrough>abandoned</strikethrough> put on hold).
CubGeek is offline   #6 Reply With Quote