Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ollieb

Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:27 PM
The Armored Battlegroup. Elysians or Krieg selections under the IG entry are shaded. Though you can place a check in the boxes the roster states it is invalid when you add units. You also can not make the CCT your warlord.
ollieb is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ollieb

Old February 15th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Is this not an issue for anyone but me?
ollieb is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CaldariSteel

Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
This issue is not unique to you mate. I've recently come to own Imperial Armour Volume 1 - Second Edition (which is awesome).

While you can use Imperial Armour elements in a standard Imperial Guard roster there are several mistakes including options that no longer exist, and lack of squadron rules (The Destroyer Tank Hunters are now a 1-3 vehicle squadron and are not able to be fitted with the "Imperial Mine Plough", for example). The discrepancies with the Armoured Battle Group options are rather significant.
I'm eager to acquire and field a lot of this equipment, but Army Builders data is effectively obsolete regarding Imperial Armour it appears.

If the relevant Imperial Armour books detailing the Death Korps of Krieg and Elysians are current to 6th edition rules you should have no problem writing up a legal army roster without Army Builder.
I'm unsure which volumes they are in specifically, but in general if the book you're looking at is second edition, it's current.
CaldariSteel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ollieb

Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:57 AM
Understand I can make a list without Army builder. But since I have paid for the program and paid for a license renewal I would expect it to work or at least a reply here from a dev why it doesn't or if they plan to fix it.
ollieb is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Spack
Volunteer Data File Author

Old March 6th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Please see the sticky topic - the devs do check here but only occassionally. There is a full bug tracker system at http://www.ab40k.org/tracker.php where bugs can be viewed and posted. If you post there then they will get reviewed and checked.

IA1 Second Edition is currently being worked on, it requires a lot of changes and will take some time to finalise.

As to the original post, you cannot tick any Imperial Armour army list options if you have Imperial Armour ticked as these lists are self-contained and cannot take additional IA units. You need to make sure Non-Codex Materials is ticked (to enable non-codex lists) and Imperial Armour is not ticked. The CCT cannot be made a Warlord because it's the old ABG list - the new one is being worked on but requires major changes to the files.

I'll post a note in our dev forum to have this added to the FAQ that is accessible from the Help menu in Army Builder.

As to your last comment about having paid for AB - you have paid for Army Builder, nothing else. AB works, the licence fee does not include any of the data files and does not guarantee that any files will be available - it's simply a tool for you to use to create your own data files, or use files created by other people. The 40k team are volunteers, as are all other data files teams, and do this in their own free time. You have contributed nothing to their time, and they owe you nothing. There is nothing stopping you from creating your own files for the game as your AB licence includes the ABCreator software which is used to create datafiles for games.

Dan
AB40k Site Admin
http://www.ab40k.org - home of the AB40k maintainers

Last edited by Spack; March 6th, 2013 at 10:42 PM.
Spack is offline   #5 Reply With Quote