Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RayPrancer

Old July 5th, 2010, 02:43 AM
I'm trying to convert the d20 Modern material for use in a D&D campaign - I'm having some trouble but think it should be easy to do. Two of the classes (the Smart and the Tough) have trees where the first option in the tree requires a selection from any other tree - I think the easiest way to do this is to set the minimum number of levels in the class to 3 as a prerequisite - but I'm having trouble working out how to do that. For argument's sake let's say the Class level items are cSmart and cTough respectively - an example with one would do as I could substitute the other id in the same code.
RayPrancer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old July 5th, 2010, 04:34 AM
Ray,

I think I can answer this as I've been working on the D20 modern files.

I don't have them in front of me at the moment, but try this:

1) Add a User.TaTrTou1 tag to all the talents from the first talent tree of the Tough class.

2) When the hero chooses one, do a 'perform hero.assign[User.TaTrTou1]' to add the tag to the hero.

3) Require all talents from the second tree to only be addable if the hero already has the User.TaTrTou1 tree.

How soon do you need this? I'm working on the D20 Modern base classes right now, and may have them together before too long..
TCArknight is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RayPrancer

Old July 5th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I've just got hold of a copy of d20 future and am working on the Feats from it.

If your likely to be done by the end of next week that would be ideal but I can afford to wait as long as it takes.

I've also got a couple of unfinished projects for D&D and am trying to get Herolab to work with the Fudge system (I have the Authoring Kit and it's similar to the example system that comes with that).

If your unlikely to be finished by the end of next week I'll work on those whilst I wait.
RayPrancer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote