Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Fnordboy

Send a message via ICQ to Fnordboy

Old May 17th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
\This would not be fabulous to program, I'm afraid. The money container isn't actually where the money is recorded - its only function is to look up the cash that's recorded on the Hero and report it to the user. Changing the entire mechanism for how the character's cash value is recorded in the files would be quite a lot of work.

Then, you'll run into other problems - what if a character wants to purchase something, spending 500gp from their bank supply and 500gp from their cash on hand - how does the purchase dialog ask the user to set that?
I bow to your wisdom good sir! Thank you for the in depth reply, I enjoy learning the backend of the mechanics.

I guess if I absolutely HAD to know the cash value of my jewelry at a glance, I guess I could just nominate my (cp) tally towards jewelry.A crude hack, but sufficient to solve that issue. It would be more practical to consider gems, artwork and jewelry as goods rather than coinage, purchase them via custom container, and be done with it.

Sorry for the waste of time, and thank you again for the time spent on the reply.
Fnordboy is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Yesterday evening, Rob and Colen gave me a good idea for this.

I add a new field to the hero to store the total value of all objects marked as valuables - in the editor, when you're creating a new piece of gear, there will be a checkbox to mark it as a valuable (I'll create a "- Custom Valuable -" item for the gear list which is "- Custom Gear -" with that box checked). Everything marked as a valuable will add its value to that field on the hero, and then I can modify the total cash display to also display that total.

This may not make it into the next update, but it's on my to-do list.
Mathias is online now   #12 Reply With Quote