Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old April 6th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Sorry for not seeing until now.

Yes, I didnt realize they were from a different book. When I turn on the Path of War Expanded Playest some additional disciplines are displayed in the martial training selections.

I will now try and find a way to create new disciplines outside of the editor. Now that I have a second file I can compare the too and see if I can find what the differences are to force the martial training feat to allow new discipline choices.

I never thought trying to convert a customized Tome of Battle prestige class would be such a pain. Well, at least I am learning new things. Thank you again for being tolerant of me.

If there is anything I can do to help, I offer my services. I am not good with this level of coding, but I could certainly manage some data entry to take some of the small stuff off your hands.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 6th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
I will now try and find a way to create new disciplines outside of the editor. Now that I have a second file I can compare the too and see if I can find what the differences are to force the martial training feat to allow new discipline choices.
You may want to hold off a little bit. I was able to do some of quick Proof of Concept on integrating Disciplines into a new component set. I did some testing and changing the base component won't break existing characters. Meaning all looks good for a new Editor tab that will let you make new Disciplines as new Things and centralized as "one" Thing instead of the like 3 it now requires.

This means hopefully in the next release at least this part of PoW will become easier. Progress...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 10th, 2016, 01:04 PM
If anyone interested in testing out the new Discipline editor tab they can before the next release. I would recommend adding this "beta" to a new Pathfinder game system. I have outlined the steps needed to do this:
  1. Go to the folder "C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\download" and double click on the "pathfinder.hl" file to start a new install.
  2. Click on the "Change" button and make the new folder "Pathfinder_PoWBeta". Or any other name you wish and then click "Start Import".
  3. Download the 3PP Pack directly from github as a zip file by clicking HERE.
  4. Download the Basic Pack directly from github as a zip file by clicking HERE.
  5. Unzip both of these into your new game system folder "C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\download\Pathfinder_PoWBeta".
  6. Start HL and select your new Pathfinder games system "Pathfinder_PoWBeta".
  7. The new editor tab is located at "zCommunity->PoW Discipline". If you want to look at existing disciplines you can find them in the Path of War "Helper.user" files.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
BerlinBrie

Old April 19th, 2016, 03:31 PM
So, I have a really odd/bad habit of just messing around on hero labs because I'm a total nerd.
Anyway, this led me to discover a few odd things concerning PoW Material (I don't know if you know about these yet or not, and I just wanted to say that I am outrageously grateful for all the work you do. As a grown man I jumped up in down in excitement when I found your packs. No shame here xD).

First: At level 1 with only 1 initiator class applied, I seem to have access to level 2 maneuvers. And all maneuvers become unlocked as I gain more maneuvers in said school. I assume that this is due to making maneuvers accessible to non-ini classes, but it case it wasn't, I wanted to make it known.

Second: Dervish Defender Warders are not supposed to have Medium or Heavy Armor proficiency, but for some reason they retain that. (not a major problem, just a little feedback)

I'll let you know if there is anything else I uncover if it helps you find things to tweak (if you're interested).

P.S.- We are all (myself especially) SOOOOOO thankful for all the hard work and time you put into this for all of us!
BerlinBrie is offline   #14 Reply With Quote