Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sevisin

Old December 31st, 2015, 09:43 PM
I was wondering, why does hero lab only allow 6 classes? I mean, it's more pseudo-realistic. However, when theorycrafting, it puts a limitation on my testing.

-S
Sevisin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 2nd, 2016, 07:02 AM
It's the limitation of the object that is being used to represent the class. At some point, LWD had to decide upon a reasonable amount of classes that a character would end up taking, so that when the class arrays for all the various things a class has can be set up. It has to be a finite number. They chose six, and to date, I've never heard of anyone bringing up the limitation of six classes on a character until now. That's because multi-classes in d20 are incredibly weak when you have more than two or three classes. I, myself, can't think of any reasonable desire for anyone to have more than six classes on a character. But that's me.
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sevisin

Old January 2nd, 2016, 02:15 PM
@Kendall-DM
In most cases, I agree on the in-game "realistic" manner which people choose their classes. However, when it comes to building potentially theoretical characters, some of the builds go beyond 5 classes. Here's an example of a pirate I was making the other day (for S&G's).
A fighter wants to redeem what he's done in the past and goes the path of the monk. After a short time, he feels that the monk's way wasn't for him and he takes to a life on the streets. After some time, he finds his way to a pirate ship where he feels best at home. From there, he starts to make a name for himself. Then he gets his own ship and captains it to become a fierce and ruthless name of the seas.
Level progression: Fighter (2), Monk (1, ex-member), Rogue (3), Pirate (2), Scarlet Corsair (2), Dread Pirate (10).
Granted I do a lot of min/max work, it's nice to just fiddle with the numbers until I get an idea for a character/campaign. Sometimes, the really unique character concepts catch my eye and it may take more than 5 classes to complete it. For example, what if this was in fact a kobold?
Anyways, just wondering. Thanks for the reply,

-S

Last edited by Sevisin; January 2nd, 2016 at 02:18 PM.
Sevisin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DwarvenWiz

Old February 10th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Is there any way around this? Does it actually stop working or is it just that it doesn't display one of the classes on the screen in the skill tab? Would it be difficult to allow for a scroll bar to horizontally move across the screen? Has anyone developed a workaround?

and other questions as well!

Last edited by DwarvenWiz; February 11th, 2016 at 05:11 PM.
DwarvenWiz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote