Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

ErinRigh

Old December 14th, 2016, 10:45 PM
Ok, first if you are unsure what a madu is, google it, I'll wait. (also called a maduvu and a maru for clarity)

Ok we clear on the madu? Cool!

Now, a madu is a traditionally off-hand weapon, wielded in conjunction with an on hand kukri, scimitar or khopesh.

My question is. a madu counts as both a double-ended spear (not a double weapon), and a light shield, how would we go about representing that for 2 handed people if the program can't have a shortspear, light shield and scimitar equipped at the same time?

I was thinking something along the lines of bootstrapping a light shield to a copy of the shortspear via the gizmo thingee, but I have no real clue if that would work, is possible or even a good idea.

Any one got any thoughts?

Last edited by ErinRigh; December 14th, 2016 at 10:54 PM.
ErinRigh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 15th, 2016, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
Ok, first if you are unsure what a madu is, google it, I'll wait. (also called a maduvu and a maru for clarity)

Ok we clear on the madu? Cool!

Now, a madu is a traditionally off-hand weapon, wielded in conjunction with an on hand kukri, scimitar or khopesh.

My question is. a madu counts as both a double-ended spear (not a double weapon), and a light shield, how would we go about representing that for 2 handed people if the program can't have a shortspear, light shield and scimitar equipped at the same time?

I was thinking something along the lines of bootstrapping a light shield to a copy of the shortspear via the gizmo thingee, but I have no real clue if that would work, is possible or even a good idea.

Any one got any thoughts?
That would be as good a place to start as any. I would have to look into the mechanics of this as there are tags that would need to be added to the hero and other things you'd have to think about. You also probably would not want the shield to be something that can be equipped in order to avoid confusion. It would just appear if the weapon was equipped and provide the shield bonus.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old December 15th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
That would be as good a place to start as any. I would have to look into the mechanics of this as there are tags that would need to be added to the hero and other things you'd have to think about.
Well, let me know what you discover, I am totally lost on this, I just had an idea

Quote:
You also probably would not want the shield to be something that can be equipped in order to avoid confusion. It would just appear if the weapon was equipped and provide the shield bonus.
Absolutely what I mean, equipped weapon flags the character as using a shield, "madu - shield" appears on the armor tab, and adds shield bonus, cool
ErinRigh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 19th, 2016, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Well, let me know what you discover, I am totally lost on this, I just had an idea

Absolutely what I mean, equipped weapon flags the character as using a shield, "madu - shield" appears on the armor tab, and adds shield bonus, cool
Is this resolved then?
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old December 19th, 2016, 12:36 PM
I don't even know where to start
ErinRigh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 20th, 2016, 04:00 AM
Quote:
I don't even know where to start
Ok, I was confused by your last message. I'll take a quick look.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 20th, 2016, 04:49 AM
Please see attached.
Attached Files
File Type: email erinrigh-madu.user (781 Bytes, 7 views)
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old December 21st, 2016, 08:59 AM
perfect thanks
ErinRigh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sidwicked

Old November 18th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Please see attached.
Any guidance on how to add this fix to hero lab on an iPad? Thx
Sidwicked is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 28th, 2017, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidwicked View Post
Any guidance on how to add this fix to hero lab on an iPad? Thx
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you unable to copy the file to your iPad? I don't really use Macs, so depending on the issue, I may not be of much use here.
Sendric is offline   #10 Reply With Quote