Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old March 4th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I agree with dartnet. The nature of each setting being its own makes the data incompatible with one another. That is one thing that I do when I download a data set. I copy the file, then modify it to be compatible with my existing settings. To give you an idea I can share my personal data set. I still have to "clean up" Deadlands (and add the stuff from Stone and a Hard Place) and ETU, and I am slowly working on Hellfrost. https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ozcaq531yno4khn/updates.xml

My "cleaning" is making sure that things are accurate and mesh with my existing data and rules. Sometimes I "steal" edges or hindrances, strip them from the source, and make them more generic. I have it set to have one setting at a time, but some things can be shared between two or more settings. I hate duplicating things that are the same.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old March 4th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Oh yeah, and Rippers is mostly "cleaned up" but I might have missed something to fix.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 5th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Oh, I see. To be honest, though, I don't think they have enough of a Savage Worlds customer base to make enough money off of us with those files anyway. That's the impression I've been given from them, at least.
Ironically, its probably because there's so much material for SW; but its scattered across literally dozens of game lines, and I'm not sure any one of them (other than possibly Deadlands) has enough of a following that overlaps with HL users to justify it.
Paragon is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 26th, 2016, 07:57 AM
There is allot more then you think.
dartnet is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 27th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Even if true, its probably not enough. Its easy to miss how much demand it has to be to justify a paid person to do this stuff.
Paragon is offline   #15 Reply With Quote