Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

catdragon

Old July 18th, 2017, 11:12 AM
So...
I have this god-awful weapon called a Lynx Paw (from Necromancers of the Northwest) Anyhow, the text says
Quote:
Because of the specialized training required to use a Lynx paw, a character is only considered proficient with a lynx paw-enhanced whip if he has both the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Whip) and the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Lynx Paw) feats.
So how do i "code" this in the Hero Lab Editor? I imagine it would require a specialized eval script or something similar.670

=========================================
Bobby
bobby(dot)catdragon(at)gmail(dot)com
catdragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 18th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Make it an exotic weapon, then add an extra pre-req looking for EWP (Whip) in addition to the normal one.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
catdragon

Old July 18th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Make it an exotic weapon, then add an extra pre-req looking for EWP (Whip) in addition to the normal one.
I figured , but how? That is where i got stuck.

Bobby
catdragon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 18th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Well, look at your feats list, and filter for "Exotic Weapon Proficiency (", find a feat which requires EWP in a specific weapon and see how it enforces that by copying the feat in the editor (look at the expr-req button probably). Alter that slightly so that it looks for whips instead of whatever other weapon the feat wanted. Then stick the altered pre-req onto your new weapon.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
catdragon

Old July 19th, 2017, 05:58 AM
Thanks very much. It was only logical and apparently when i had the problem my logic circuit in my brain was broken/fried!

Bobby
catdragon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
catdragon

Old July 19th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Well, look at your feats list, and filter for "Exotic Weapon Proficiency (", find a feat which requires EWP in a specific weapon and see how it enforces that by copying the feat in the editor (look at the expr-req button probably). Alter that slightly so that it looks for whips instead of whatever other weapon the feat wanted. Then stick the altered pre-req onto your new weapon.
In my editor i can find no feats that require EWP in a given weapon. I can find EWP, but once you chose that, then the user picks what exotic weapon the EWP feat is for... In other words, you pick the feat then the weapon.

I want to have an exotic weapon that requires two EWPs, one for whips and the other for the specific weapon. Creating the new weapon is easy, and once done it requires a EWP in that weapon to be used proficiently.

So that was my question: how do i require a character to have two EWPs before being able to use a specific weapon with no penalty? I am sorry if my original question was not specific or confusing. I hope i was clearer this time.

Bobby
catdragon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 19th, 2017, 01:13 PM
When I said filter for "Exotic Weapon Proficiency (", I was talking about in the program, not the editor. An example I see, if you have Ultimate Combat, would be the feat "Net Adept" which requires EWP (net). Copy that feat in the editor and look at the expr-req for it. Change the check so it looks for whips instead of nets.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
catdragon

Old July 20th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Quote:
When I said filter for "Exotic Weapon Proficiency (", I was talking about in the program, not the editor. An example I see, if you have Ultimate Combat, would be the feat "Net Adept" which requires EWP (net). Copy that feat in the editor and look at the expr-req for it. Change the check so it looks for whips instead of nets.
Thank you so very much Aaron. That was exactly the direction i needed. i appreciate you putting up with my questions.

Bobby
catdragon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 20th, 2017, 11:35 AM
No problem. I was in your shoes once, and wouldn't have gotten anywhere if people were not willing to put up with my questions, so it is the least I can do.
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote