Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jim_hm

Old July 21st, 2017, 03:50 PM
3 years on and this still hasn't happened?
jim_hm is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old July 22nd, 2017, 08:15 AM
Heh.

I'm a big fan of plugins. For example, the Tactical Console could be a plugin. The Output Sheet/Exporter function could be a plugin.

And if they were plugins, then the community could help build them and maintain them, adding features that the community has a need for but that LW doesn't have resources to support.

But that's just my opinion.
Azhrei is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
wheels2040

Old July 22nd, 2017, 02:05 PM
So this is still an issue after 3 years? I just bought Hero Lab yesterday because one of the features was the ability to export characters to Fantasy Grounds.
wheels2040 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old July 28th, 2017, 10:47 AM
FYI: I make it easy as pie for MapTool. Clicking on a portfolio within MapTool :: Library, It shows all the characters in the portfolio. Drag those to the map, bam. Token is created using the Picture(s) provided in Hero Lab along with all 3 stat sheets.

Of course, you need a framework to use these in. I currently have a Pathfinder framework that uses the XML to create the token (more reliable than parsing the Statblock text).

#alternatives http://maptool.nerps.net

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old July 30th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Jamz -- how does that handle pog vs portrait images? A Hero Lab portfolio can have multiple images built into it, but I don't think it has any built-in mechanism for distinguishing between a small PNG for use as the pog and a larger JPG for use as the portrait.
wdmartin is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old July 31st, 2017, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
FYI: I make it easy as pie for MapTool. Clicking on a portfolio within MapTool :: Library, It shows all the characters in the portfolio. Drag those to the map, bam. Token is created using the Picture(s) provided in Hero Lab along with all 3 stat sheets.

Of course, you need a framework to use these in. I currently have a Pathfinder framework that uses the XML to create the token (more reliable than parsing the Statblock text).

#alternatives http://maptool.nerps.net
e

Once you have that done, how do you get the characters into roll20?
LazarX is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old August 1st, 2017, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
Once you have that done, how do you get the characters into roll20?
Um, you don't understand. MapTool does what Roll20 does, in some ways better and in some ways not, but there's no need for Roll20 if you're using the (free) MapTool.

Azhrei is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old August 2nd, 2017, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmartin View Post
Jamz -- how does that handle pog vs portrait images? A Hero Lab portfolio can have multiple images built into it, but I don't think it has any built-in mechanism for distinguishing between a small PNG for use as the pog and a larger JPG for use as the portrait.
What ever the "first" image in the portfolio list is, I use that for the "Portrait". The second image is considered the "pog" token image.

As you pointed out, there is no way to "name" the images or base the logic on anything other than order. And since many of the monsters already come with a "portrait" image, it made sense to use that for the portrait.

BUT, I also pull in ALL the images and they are stored/shown on the token in the Hero Lab tab. From that tab you can set any image to either Portrait, Token, or handout.

You can also access those images via macro functions and create "disguise" or "polymorph" macros and such.

@LazarX, for Roll20, ignore all this, and bug the roll20 forums? There really isn't anything the Hero Lab folks can/need to do. The portfolios are already zip format and has all the info in it you need. Someone just has to invest the time to code it for Roll20.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #18 Reply With Quote