Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jamz

Old April 5th, 2018, 04:57 AM
On that note, I have my credit card # here waiting to purchase RotRL from the CM if you release that....you know...before we move on to P2E...

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #341 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old April 7th, 2018, 11:40 AM
The silence from LW is deafening. *sigh*
ruhar is offline   #342 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old April 7th, 2018, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
The silence from LW is deafening. *sigh*
Been 9 weeks or so since BJ last updated. A small progress update would be cool, even if it's 'Paizo still has no time for us, and here's what we're doing while we wait'.

Gary
Assistant Calendar Champion (retired)

GM: D&D 3.5 homegrown Local/Small Scale campaign
GMing blog: http://www.undiscoveredworlds.com
weogarth is offline   #343 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 7th, 2018, 02:01 PM
"Here's where we are with the workaround."

or

"Razor Coast will be out in the next week!"

Maidhc O Casain is offline   #344 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old April 7th, 2018, 11:39 PM
Indeed, even a minor update would be nice to soothe our impatience and/or help rekindle our trust in the progress of RW.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #345 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old April 9th, 2018, 03:24 AM
I guess the name is not without reason now...

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #346 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old April 9th, 2018, 09:14 AM
Looks like things are pretty much in the same spot they were when I stomped off in a huff several months ago. I keep poking my head back in the door here and on the FB group to see if things are improving. Nope, same 'ol things. Is anyone else a Roll 20 user? They had a major outage last week and did an awesome job of keeping the users updated. They used twitter and posted updates like every 30 min. It was super nice and the users were very appreciative. Communication doesn't have to be as problematic as LWD seems to make it. On the other had, at this point there might not be much they can do to restore credibilityAnyway, best wishes friends, I'll poke my head in from time to time to see how things go. I am not using RW now, but haven't given up all hope for using it someday.
meek75 is offline   #347 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old April 9th, 2018, 11:59 AM
A good communication can do wonders even in the most dire of situations... so yes, you are right. LWD should break this silence.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #348 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old April 9th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
A good communication can do wonders even in the most dire of situations... so yes, you are right. LWD should break this silence.
It's not like this is the first time they've gone silent. It's their default state. Every few months people start clamoring for an update, and eventually LW will post something like, "We have no update. We're working on stuff. Expect more news soon." Soon, of course, never comes. It's a pattern that's been proven over the past several years.

It's abundantly clear that LW does not care about communication, at least in regards to Realm Works. They've completely abandoned their backers on Kickstarter and refuse to post even the simplest update.
alientude is offline   #349 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old April 9th, 2018, 03:01 PM
Given how toxic the Kickstarter comments got over the past 2 years, and how toxic our conversations have been maybe we're lucky they haven't just shut down the forums here. They already shut down the last thread that got this big.

I bought into RW shortly after funding so I don't have the Kickstarter issues that many of you guys do, but I did actually believe at the time "The Realm Works Content Market will be launching in early 2016" was a reasonable estimate. So, quick poll, which update did you stop believing:

A) We're all at mega-convention X, we should have something to show shortly afterward... or,
B) We wound up having to hire a new position X because the last one left or wasn't doing his job... or,
C) We're pushing out new content (whether it was actually new PF stuff for HL or HLO itself for Starfinder), enjoy the other shiny product because even though our small teams don't overlap, we've just not had time to address the feature requests for RW, or
D) Our partner for the CM and our guys can't seem to agree on metric or imperial, please hang on while we blamestorm over it.

End of the day, it's really sad, I've probably put in well over 80+ hours this year putting in my own content, learning a better way to do it, starting a new realm and digging into imports/exports/structure. The product does great work at the table and I've been lucky that it's extremely stable for me. I just want and expect it to do just a little more...
dungeonguru is offline   #350 Reply With Quote