Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

HerpbertDipson

Old June 18th, 2019, 08:37 PM
So I've made a magic item using the editor but I don't see it appearing on any character that create. Do I need to load a file or something?

In addition to that, I'm having problems finding out how to add custom abilities. I figured out how to add the spell abilities (I think)? But the Cavalier or Samurai are giving me a harder time.

Note: They don't really have to work, I just want a check box so that I mark if I've used them or not.

Trident Of Titanous
HerpbertDipson is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 18th, 2019, 11:42 PM
First, when you created the item in the editor, did you "test now" and save it in a user file. (You'll need to do that before HL can make it available).
Second, did you give it a source? If you did, you need that source turned on for the Hero, or you can't purchase/add the item.
As for the special power - look at something in the editor using "New (copy)" to see how another item does a daily ability. Eg: Hurricane Quarterstaff - check under Magic / Weapon, magic, for the item itself, and General / Ability for the power.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote