Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aaron

Old June 10th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer_dragon View Post
Yea I saw both of those and used them to remove construct traits abilities and such, however the construct alternate racial traits still are listed because they are linked to construct type I assume or perhaps linked to one of the races that I have set for counts as (for feat qualification reasons. Perhaps the timing on the counts as can be changed to just before feats qualifications are checked but after racial traits and such are checked??
Just have the thing which applies the tag have another eval script later which modifies the candidate expression for ARTs to exclude those.
Aaron is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 10th, 2014, 12:30 PM
what should the timing be for the eval scripts, want to make sure the scripts qualify the race for feats and equipment and traits linked to the race but avoid qualifying them for alternate racial traits
stargazer_dragon is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 10th, 2014, 01:34 PM
tested the eval script timing and if I apply the racial type any later then it never applies the racial type and the alternate racial traits are done after this point.

Thus I can't figure out how to prevent Construct alt racial traits from showing without actually removing the construct type
stargazer_dragon is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 10th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Just have the thing which applies the tag have another eval script later which modifies the candidate expression for ARTs to exclude those.
What would a script look like to exclude the alternate racial traits for construct??
stargazer_dragon is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 10th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Upon closer inspection, it looks like the ART selection is based on the intersection of IsRace tags on the hero and AllowRCust tags on the ART things to be added, and not on a candidate expression field which you can overwrite. So the only way you're going to be able to eliminate those from the list is to delete IsRace.tpConst tag from the hero. That shouldn't stop pre-reqs that depend on the type, so long as they are using the correct macro, but it's possible there are some out there checking for the IsRace rather than HasType tags.

Post level 10000
Code:
   perform hero.delete[IsRace.tpConst]

Last edited by Aaron; June 10th, 2014 at 01:57 PM.
Aaron is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 10th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Ok I figured out a work around, lot more work but seams the other method isn't possible

Making a alternate racial type so that construct is listed under race type but not tagged as construct for racial traits then going to try and set the is race for after the checks of alt racial types and see if maybe that will trigger for feats.

Pre-level (user) 20000

Seams to work to prevent the race from counting for racial traits ect but allowing it to qualify for feats, just goto add in a fake Construct type tag so that type looks correct and I think all is good

update: I ended up making a new type that combined the construct and living subtype and it works good, thx for the help least I know the other way I was trying to do it can't be done, think I got most things figured out except for languages and factions, and I am sure there has to be a easy way to work around those. Thought some of the data packs had option to hide all languages that where not for the related content. Perhaps I could get help with the specifics of that eval code. Assuming it uses special groupings of something of the sort. Might it be possible to do so with factions also?

Last edited by stargazer_dragon; June 10th, 2014 at 03:11 PM.
stargazer_dragon is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 10th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Ok so ran into a new problem, When changing race HL does not drop the construct traits. I assume this is for the same reason that custom races are glitchy, it is because the trait was added after the original race gets added and thus does not clear normally. No clue how to work around or fix this, besides to remake the hero any time it happens rather then swapping race.

update: ok worse yet even new profile keaps the trait even though I can't see any reason for it, nothing short of reloading HL drops it away, thus once selected it refuses to drop the tag, I am sure this means I am missing the tag in the eval script that says don't do this if not selected. Least I think that's it but why does it stay when a new profile is started?

Last edited by stargazer_dragon; June 10th, 2014 at 05:33 PM.
stargazer_dragon is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 10th, 2014, 05:44 PM
You've lost me somewhere along the way stargazer. I'm no longer clear what fix you attempted other than that it wasn't the one I suggested, nor am I sure what context you're working in. Is this supposed to be a normal race? Some sort of ethnicity of an existing race? A Custom race built in the fashion of the ARG? A custom Monster using the rules in the Monster Manual?
Aaron is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 10th, 2014, 05:45 PM
stand corrected yet again, some reason it is always coming up with the subtype trait being listed, even before race is selected even when reloading HL. The subtype doesn't show will keep playing with it but no clue why
stargazer_dragon is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 10th, 2014, 05:47 PM
You made a new type? All types are bootstrapped to all heroes, but not shown unless an appropriate tag is on the hero.
Aaron is offline   #20 Reply With Quote