Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

g2k12

Old January 8th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Hi I've been using herolab for a while now, and recently I wanted to make a werewolf and a beholder, but to my surprise both arent included in the software?! Does anybody know why? Alternatively I've been wanting to add regeneration and fast-healing to some of my creations, but cant find any functions to add these features, does anybody, know how?

Thanks,

G

Last edited by g2k12; January 8th, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
g2k12 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Would you like me to move this into the d20 folder or the Pathfinder folder? The answers might differ, depending on which game system you're trying to add them to.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
g2k12

Old January 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Pathfinder folder would be great, thanks!
g2k12 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 8th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Beholders aren't in Pathfinder since they are WotC property and aren't part of the SRD. The werewolf needs to be created from scratch. You do this by building the base creature normally then add it as a template from the Class Tab.
blzbob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old January 9th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2k12 View Post
Hi I've been using herolab for a while now, and recently I wanted to make a werewolf and a beholder, but to my surprise both arent included in the software?! Does anybody know why? Alternatively I've been wanting to add regeneration and fast-healing to some of my creations, but cant find any functions to add these features, does anybody, know how?

Thanks,

G
If you are after a beholder style creature their is the evil eye creature available on the D20PFSRD website. It's not WotC property and it's for PF, that might help you along for the moment.
bodrin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
g2k12

Old January 9th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks for your replies gentlemen. I still dont understand however why I must build a creature that IS included in the first pathfinder bestiary, kinda disapointing, Lone Wolf should fix that as soon as possible as far as I'm concerned. Does anyone know how I may add certain abilities(such as fast healing, regeneration, or any kind of damage reduction) as noted in my first post?

Bodrin : Thanks for the info.
g2k12 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 9th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Werewolf is a template, not a race - you'll find it with the rest of the templates on the classes tab.
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 9th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Does anyone know how I may add certain abilities(such as fast healing, regeneration, or any kind of damage reduction) as noted in my first post?
These are "Racial Specials" or "Abilities" so you have to bootstrap them to your race. They should also be selectable I think when you use the "Edit" button on the race for "Racial Specials".

Sorry not near HL to double check the exact names. But that is the gist of how you do it. It would also be very helpful to check out existing creatures and see how they do it. So for regeneration do a New(Copy) for a troll to see how it it gets added.

A very good way to learn HL is to look up stuff that is already done and see how it does it.

The evil eye is part of the "Community Bestiary" addon. Which is pretty close to the Beholder.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old January 9th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
I still dont understand however why I must build a creature that IS included in the first pathfinder bestiary, kinda disapointing,
As others have said "Werewolf" in Bestiary 1 is a template, not a creature. It does provide you an example where the Werewolf template is placed on top of a human, so you can see how it works.

Likewise in Hero Lab, you select a base race and then go to Classes, scroll down and select the Werewolf template and voila - instant werewolf.

Only now, you can make an elven werewolf, gnomish werewolf, etc. Just pick a different race and see the difference.
enrious is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
g2k12

Old January 9th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the advices and infos concerning the werewolf and other hl features gentlemens. Always good to know you can count on the advices of the community.

Enrious : I didnt know that, that should prove useful thanks alot!
Mathias : Same thing, thanks! Otherwise I would have searched for the 'race' werewolf forever!
ShadowChemosh : Thanks I'll try that.

Last edited by g2k12; January 9th, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
g2k12 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote