Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Homer S
Volunteer Data File Author

Old March 10th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Question,

The issue is how to implement Warlord selection for 40K, when no Characters are present any model can be designated as Warlord.

Is there a way set a global tag based on presence of a character? If there is another approach, I'm open.

Homer

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer S is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Harkan_again

Old March 10th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Are you after a global tag being set if the character is made into a Warlord?

If that is the case you can have an option to make the character the Warlord and use the Autotag bit on the option to link the global tag to the option

That way you can put the option in a global linkset so it shows for everything and have a generic tag that is on the "real" warlord which blocks the warlord option showing

Am I thinking right??

My own Warlord Games gallery and the home of the Warlord Games datafiles:

http://www.facebook.com/ABDataFileWarlordGames
Harkan_again is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Homer S
Volunteer Data File Author

Old March 10th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Close,

Currently, most "Characters" in the game system are tagged with gnAcc.character or they have the option "Unit Type (Character)". The second case sounds like what you are suggesting, I can assign the global tag "Internal.RstHasChar" to the "Unit Type (Character)" options and set the live expression on the option for non-character Warlords to !Internal.RstHasChar.

The issue is that we have very cleverly, or so we thought at the time, created a dynamic unit type option that assigns unit type based on tags like gnAcc.Infantry and gnAcc.Character. Since global tags can't be assigned via scripts, I'm stuck. Either we undo all of the auto unit type stuff and assign an option, or we go through every non-character unit and assign the option manually.

I suppose I can go the other way, assign the global tag to the Warlord option and then the live for the non-character warlord based on that. Let me give that a try.

Homer

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer S is offline   #3 Reply With Quote