Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

ri_gamer

Old January 30th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Exmortis, I've seen the same behavior. I've also found that many times the only formatting that will work is those on the 'Style' section. I can't get bullets to work consistantly from either the format ribbon menu, or the context menu.
ri_gamer is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 30th, 2017, 09:18 AM
@Exmortis:

I have a theory (probably completely unfounded and certainly not based on hard evidence) that something goes astray in the way that RW uses HTML.

1: What you write:

Under the old painting there is a trap.

2: Pseudo-code within RW:

<p>Under the <i><b><font color="purple">old painting</i></b></font> there is <u><b><font color="red">a trap</u></b></font>.</p>

RW sometimes acts like it is counting the characters (letters, numbers, spaces) under 1 (39) and sometimes as under 2 (whether that should be counted as 127 or 53 I don't know - it is all pseudo-code anyway).

If RW mixes those up it could explain your weird placement of the red text far from where you intended.

It would certainly explain my experience when I move to the very end of a line (maybe by using End on the keyboard). More often than not I can not move the cursor up or down using the arrow keys. Only if I move the cursor one invisible step to the left (it doesn't move on screen) can I go up and down. Something like this:

| = cursor

end of line.<p>|

I can't move up or down here.

One (invisible) step to the left:

end of line.|<p>

Now I can move the cursor in all direction.
Anyone else experienced that?

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 30th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Quote:
It would certainly explain my experience when I move to the very end of a line (maybe by using End on the keyboard). More often than not I can not move the cursor up or down using the arrow keys. Only if I move the cursor one invisible step to the left (it doesn't move on screen) can I go up and down. Something like this:

| = cursor

end of line.<p>|

I can't move up or down here.

One (invisible) step to the left:

end of line.|<p>

Now I can move the cursor in all direction.
Anyone else experienced that?
@Vargr: I run into this frequently. My work-around has always been to mouse-click another entry and then I can freely arrow up/down again. This has just become second nature to me....

The reason I almost always strip coding is that I've had crash issues if I copy PDF info and save it without change. I think there may either be some hidden high ASCII causing the problem or maybe a misplaced html code. By stripping the coding so I end up with Tahoma 9pt or whatever, I never have this issue.
AEIOU is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 30th, 2017, 10:26 AM
I have this problem even if I just write my own text with no formatting.

No import, no paste, no PDF involved.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 31st, 2017, 05:26 AM
@Vargr

I never apply the different formatting to the same snippet. I attached a screenie to show what a fully kitted out topic looks like.

Also almost all the time ( I can't remember it being different, but never discount my ability to forget), the formatting different text then I highlight happened only the first time I attempted to apply formatting in a snippet.

Now I will highlight a new error that I just seen now, in fact this represents twice now since last update. The first I just chalked it up to an anomaly but now I am seeing this a second time, and my god this could be huge if manual links are going haywire on me.

You will notice that the formatting is in different snippets, I don't mix and match.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (460.9 KB, 18 views)

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 31st, 2017, 05:33 AM
That new error is what I see in snippets that I have set a manual link. In that screenie the haywire text should have been normal text, with a manual link set to "room 25c".

I am going to have to go through each and every realm......I converted them from legacy to other, and did a back up. But I am going to lose a lot of work on this realm if I have to revert.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
Real Life - IT Security
Exmortis is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 11th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Does this issue still persist? I believe we fixed one thing that MIGHT have solved this particular problem, but I want to verify. If the problem still exists, please make sure we have an open support ticket regarding it.

Thanks!
rob is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old February 12th, 2017, 01:08 PM
Hi there!

I always had similar formating errors, copy paste bugs not as frequently as you guys, but hopefully you all submitted bugs! I have recently started again to add data and Iam also submitting (but no format bugs to report yet)

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old February 12th, 2017, 11:26 PM
I am not sure, if it is related, but I have a minor bug regarding fonts. Some versions ago RW introduced invisible characters of a symbol font into my snippets. IIRC I filed a support ticket back then. The behavior disappeared after a version upgrade.

Since a week or two, the behavior reappeared. RW sets invisible characters in the font DajaVu Math Tex Gyre at the beginning and end of some snippets and at the beginning and end of text I copy into snippets via Paste.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn

Last edited by Greebo; February 12th, 2017 at 11:27 PM. Reason: typo
Greebo is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old February 13th, 2017, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Does this issue still persist? I believe we fixed one thing that MIGHT have solved this particular problem, but I want to verify. If the problem still exists, please make sure we have an open support ticket regarding it.

Thanks!
I sure will if it persists, wasn't able to do any work recently in RW since update.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
Real Life - IT Security
Exmortis is offline   #20 Reply With Quote