Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old February 18th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
Tainted Fury is a HoH feat, it should work with Corruption/Depravity. Both are also adjustments.

Well, the feat presented both Taint and Corruption as pre-reqs. I added both Corruption and Depravity to the profile in question, and it considered the Corruption req as done, but the Taint req remained.

I also tried to add OA Taint through the adjustments, but it didn't solved.
I'll have to take a look at this. These items were added separately without consideration for each other. I'll dig into it and see what the issue it.

Could you provide the portfolio so that I don't have to rebuild it from scratch?
Sendric is offline   #691 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 18th, 2017, 06:07 PM
The Genasi races are with wrong modifiers in the description. I didn't used, though, so I don't know how they are actually working.

I'll look for the portfolio, I send by PM? I don't know how to do it.
Monteparnas is offline   #692 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 19th, 2017, 05:16 AM
Quote:
The Genasi races are with wrong modifiers in the description. I didn't used, though, so I don't know how they are actually working.

I'll look for the portfolio, I send by PM? I don't know how to do it.
You can attach it to a post or email it to me (my username at gmail)
Sendric is offline   #693 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old February 19th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I'll have to take a look at this. These items were added separately without consideration for each other. I'll dig into it and see what the issue it.

Could you provide the portfolio so that I don't have to rebuild it from scratch?
Ah, I see. HoH taint and OA taint are two separate things. HoH taint is a combination of Corruption and Depravity. OA is an adjustment that applies a penalty to Wis and Con, just like in Unearthed Arcana.
Illyahr is offline   #694 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 19th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Precisely, but more.

HoH taint is officially an update on the OA rules for Taint, so strictly speaking those rules should be interchangeable to a degree. At least the higher level between Corruption and Depravity should equal to the same level of Taint under OA rules, in the case of the DM using HoH rules for Taint on the Rokugan setting (like I'm doing).

Either way, the problem with Tainted Fury goes beyond that. It is a HoH feat, and should be validated by a score in Corruption. But it is also asking for a level of "taint" that isn't actually either Corruption, Depravity, or OA Taint.

The following attachment is a portfolio with this problem going on, just ignore the metamagic feat that is also missing requisites, it is for a specific thing going on in the story.
Attached Files
File Type: email Kansen - The Forest.por (22.6 KB, 1 views)
Monteparnas is offline   #695 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old February 20th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Actually the update for OA taint is in Unearthed Arcana. They run almost exactly the same. The Tainted Warrior and Tainted Sorcerer prestige classes are direct ports of Maho-Bujin and Maho-Tsukai. The HoH taint (corruption and depravity) is an entirely separate system with a similar theme.

HoH does have its own Taint mechanic, but I've never needed to use it. There is, however, a separate Taint special from HoH that is entirely unrelated to the OA and UA Taint.
Illyahr is offline   #696 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 21st, 2017, 05:08 AM
UA's Taint System is just the same from OA, with added tables for the fluff already spoken about in OA's text. It doesn't even cite OA, and is meant to present Taint rules for other D&D games as per the goals of UA.

By the box of text in HoH, page 66, though, HoH Taint is the actual update on those rules. It not only says so, and then go forth to describe how to apply those new rules to Rokugan Campaing Setting. It is effectively closer to the effects of the Shadowlands' Taint from the Legend of Five Rings system. Specially the more recent rules from that RPG.

A point could be make about the division between Corruption and Depravity not being native to Rokugan, but they still work more similar to how Taint affects the characters. Physical effects are usually first and foremost, though mental ones develop with stronger Taint. Some characters, specially the Tainted Prestige Classes, but not only them, go reverse, though, avoiding physical effects while getting ever more mental ones. The Taint can cause problems to the characters by giving them symptoms, but nothing similar to constant ability damage in such a degree as the OA rules. It is also harder to cleanse, almost impossible once settled. All of those are L5R characteristics of Taint.

The feat isn't working, though, one way or another.

Last edited by Monteparnas; February 21st, 2017 at 05:15 AM.
Monteparnas is offline   #697 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 21st, 2017, 05:35 AM
Quote:
The feat isn't working, though, one way or another.
Did you select the "Tainted" Condition on the Adjust tab?
Sendric is offline   #698 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 21st, 2017, 06:17 AM
Yes. I removed later to avoid the "ability drain" effect, but I did it.
Monteparnas is offline   #699 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 21st, 2017, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Yes. I removed later to avoid the "ability drain" effect, but I did it.
Ok, well, that is why the pre-req is failing. By checking the Tainted condition, it applies the correct tag to the hero, which results in the pre-req being satisfied.

What is the ability drain effect you are avoiding?
Sendric is offline   #700 Reply With Quote