Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 14th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePaladin View Post
I took the plunge and bought HL this evening, and added the Psionics and Eberron packages to use in the campaign I'm just starting. One thing I've noticed on the Eberron material is that it's a 1:1 copy of the original material. A quick search online turns up a wiki that has an unofficial update, converting races and other material for a Pathfinder/Eberron game.
The 1:1 is not 100% true as the races have Pathfinder changes. Shifters have a 3rd ability score adjustment and Shifting is like Rage now in Rounds per day not per day. Warforged body Armor are free and no longer require a feat. Feats and abilities now use Pathfinder skills and Turn Undead stuff was changed to work with Channel Energy.

The changes are small and subtle and that is by design. I am releasing Eberron to a LARGE group of people and no one is going to agree on what "Pathfinder" changes mean. Check the Paizo boards for the discussions just about Warforged to see the 4 billion different opinions.

So the idea is to release as close as possible to the CORE Eberron. Then if groups don't like that they can change what they want. You would do your own .user file that does a "Replace Thing ID". Allowing you to start with the CORE Eberron rules and easily making your groups changes to the setting.

Quote:
Anyway, are there any plans on making more material for the Eberron update, to bring it in line with Pathfinder rules? I'm thinking specifically of racial favored class benefits, alternate racial traits for the new races, new racial traits for existing races (to make them reflect the setting more), and setting-specific traits.A big question is how to handle dragonmarks.
YES!!!! With current projects I expect early next year (most likely January) version 1.5 will be coming out where I have completed EVERYTHING from the Eberron Campaign Setting book. Just the 1st main book not everything from every book ever published. So this includes all the Dragonmarks are done the Artifice base class, all the PrCs, all feats, magic items, equipment, spells, and monsters. These are all 100% scripted and fully functional. Its a side project I have been working on in my spare time for almost a year now.

Sort of proud of this as everything is 100% scripted and functional.

Quote:
The wiki I mentioned made dragonmarks a sorcerer bloodline, using the Eldritch Heritage feat to mimic a true dragonmark, and made a custom trait that allowed members of the dragonmarked races to ignore most of that feat's requirements. (It doesn't allow 1st-level characters to have it, though, and the bloodline abilities look like they need some adjusting.)
This is a perfect example where each "Group" would have to decide what is fair and balanced themselves. I don't think I should be doing that. In example your already saying some abilities need adjustments but obviously the original author didn't think so. Its a perfect example why I am building Eberron as closely as possible to the original books. This gives a great frame work to start from and you can input your houserules into that really easily using the Editor.

Quote:
Are you allowing other people to add to the project? I have all the old Eberron books, and will probably be experimenting with the data editor when I run into a feat or such that isn't in the list.
Yes we allow anyone to work with us on any project. In this case I would advise picking a book other than the Campaign Setting to start with. Also I would ask that you keep to the books as close as possible. Or we specially mark somethings to a "House Rules" source or something to let people know they are activating stuff outside of the original books.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #251
ShadowChemosh

Old December 14th, 2012, 02:43 PM
d20pfsrd - Community Player Pack (vX.XX)
The Community has been hard at work inputting 3PP adventure path and Paizo modules. This has allowed us to create a data set that is player centric in its goal. While LW inputs the player specific items from Paizo Adventure paths until now players had to fend for themselves if they played in a Paizo Module or a 3PP AP. Well we have you covered as this data set is for players in mind. So if your a player and looking for magic items, equipment, weapons, armor, feats, traits, spells, classes, archetypes, or prestiage classes from 3PP adventures or Paizo Modules this data package is for you!

So after installing this data set you will have a large number of books that can be check marked in the Configure Your Hero window listed under the "Hero Lab Community" section.

Community Bestiary and the Player Pack
The player pack is meant to be used by players not the GMs who we expect to load the Community Bestiary instead. Please note that EVERYTHING in the player pack is already in the Community Bestiary for the GMs. Do NOT load both.

Full Author List
Bodrin, frumple, and ShadowChemosh.

Installation Instructions
See THIS post for full details.

Additional HL Packages Required
Currently this requires only that you have a base/core license for Hero Lab (often called CORE). We will be doing are best to keep this package requiring only that base license in the future.

Version Notes
Version 2.24 - September 7, 2014
-Bodrin added Levels 1 to 4 of Emerald Spire Superdungeon player items.
-Thanks to Korlen for all his help on Way of the Wicked and Vampires!
-Korlen added "Shroud of the Daywalker".
-Ring of Corruption (Way of the Wicked) fixed to give +1 bonus not +2.
-Thanks to Risner for all the PFS fixes!
-Risner added 3 new GenCon boons.
-Frumple added Wardens of the Reborn Forge player items.

Version 2.23 - July 6, 2014
-Added in Risner's/Andrew's PFS Boons. These are setup as vanities and allow for adding special PFS equipment or for allowing additions to your character to become valid. So in example if you take an Axe Beak animal companion as a ranger normally you will have an error listed on your character. Now you can go to the "other" tab and add the Vanity "PFS: Axe Beak Companion" and the axe beak will be marked as valid.
-The new option is called "PFS Boons (as Vanities)".

v2.16 - September 10, 2013
ShadowChemosh
-New iPad only version of the Community Player Pack is available which is much smaller in size then the full desktop version.
-Did my best to split up the modules and adventure paths files so we have a player version.
-New ReadME.pdf file is included. This can be found at \Documents\Hero Lab\portfolios\pathfinder\Community Player Pack\ReadME.pdf.

Frumple
-Added the module: Doom Comes to Dustpawn and The Dragon's Demand.
-Added Reign of Winter Chapters 4 and 5.
-Updated and fixed: Curse of the Riven Sky, Kingmaker, Legacy of Fire, No Response from Deepmar, Rise of the Runelords Anniversary, The Harrowing, The Ruby Pheonix Tournament, and The Witchwar Legacy.

Bodrin
-Added Way of the Wicked book 5 and Book 6 including the archetypes from book 5.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ReadMe.pdf (161.3 KB, 121 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; September 7th, 2014 at 02:07 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #252
ShadowChemosh

Old December 14th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
d20pfsrd - Community Bestiary (vX.XX)
The Community has been hard at work inputting adventure path and 3PP monsters. I have combined all these different books into one large data set for the community. Inside you will find hundreds of evil creatures to torture your players with or I mean give XP too.
v2.7 - December 14, 2012
Bodrin
-Added in the Way of the Wicked book 1. NPCs, Monsters, Gear, and magic items. Please note this contains everything and more than the Player Pack does.
=Frumple=
-Chapter 3 & 4 of Shattered Star Bestiary and NPCs done.
-The Paizo module Murders Mark inputted.
=ShadowChemosh=
-Removed all the invalid characters that MACs have issues with.
-Removed all the images from the .por files.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #253
LonePaladin

Old December 14th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
So this includes all the Dragonmarks are done the Artifice base class, all the PrCs, all feats, magic items, equipment, spells, and monsters.
This brings up a point: what about the Artificer class from the Tome of Secrets? It uses 'weird science' instead of infusions, but otherwise has the same mastery of item creation and spell versatility. It's limited to mimicking 4th-level spells, which fits with the availability of low-level magic in Eberron.

How did the magewright turn out?
LonePaladin is offline   #254
ShadowChemosh

Old December 14th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
This brings up a point: what about the Artificer class from the Tome of Secrets? It uses 'weird science' instead of infusions, but otherwise has the same mastery of item creation and spell versatility. It's limited to mimicking 4th-level spells, which fits with the availability of low-level magic in Eberron.

How did the magewright turn out?
Some of the classes from ToS are done and are available but does not look like the Artificer was one of them. Using the ToS Artificer would be a good solution for many groups but for the Eberron data set I inputted it exactly as is from the ECS. The only change is that you get bonus gp instead of XP for crafting at ten times the amount. So at level you use to get 20XP now you get 200gp Craft Reserve instead.

If you want to enter the ToS Artificer I would be happy to host your end result on d20pfsrd for everyone to use. This way if a group wants to they could use the ECS Artificer or the ToS Artificer as they choose.

Magewright NPC class is done and fully functional. Was pretty easy to enter as I don't recall anything strange about it. Already used it to create some of the Eberron Typical NPCs and it matched the stat block.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #255
LonePaladin

Old December 15th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Quote:
If you want to enter the ToS Artificer I would be happy to host your end result on d20pfsrd for everyone to use. This way if a group wants to they could use the ECS Artificer or the ToS Artificer as they choose.
I'll take on that job, sure. My free time is a little mercurial right now, but I'll make it my #2 priority (second to prep-work for my campaign).
LonePaladin is offline   #256
ShadowChemosh

Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
d20pfsrd - Community Player Pack (vX.XX)
The Community has been hard at work inputting 3PP adventure path and Paizo modules. This has allowed us to create a data set that is player centric in its goal. While LW inputs the player specific items from Paizo Adventure paths until now players had to fend for themselves if they played in a Paizo Module or a 3PP AP. Well we have you covered as this data set is for players in mind. So if your a player and looking for magic items, equipment, weapons, armor, feats, traits, spells, classes, archetypes, or prestiage classes from 3PP adventures or Paizo Modules this data package is for you!
NEW Version
v1.1 - January 2, 2013
Bodrin
-Added in the Way of the Wicked book 2 traits, gear, and magic items.
ShadowChemosh

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #257
ShadowChemosh

Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
d20pfsrd - Community Bestiary (vX.XX)
The Community has been hard at work inputting adventure path and 3PP monsters. I have combined all these different books into one large data set for the community. Inside you will find hundreds of evil creatures to torture your players with or I mean give XP too.
NEW Version
v2.8 - January 2, 2013
Bodrin
-Added in the Way of the Wicked book 2. NPCs, Monsters, Gear, and magic items. Please note this contains the player pack stuff also. Download "AP(FMG) - Way of the Wicked.zip" from d20pfsrd to get these.
Frumple
-New Adjustments: Swarm Attack Damage (allows for adjusting the damage of a swarm).
-New Item: Elven Chain (This version allows for easily adding magic abilities to the armor).
-Shattered Star Chapter 5 (Into the Nightmare Rift) monsters, NPCs, and encounters added. Download "AP61 Shattered Star NPCs.zip" from d20pfsrd to get these.
-Added Advanced Bestiary Quickling template.
-Gug savant template added as part of the Bestiary 2 Variants. This was needed for the Shattered Star AP.
ShadowChemosh
-Did a little clean up and standardization of some of the Universal Monster Abilities.
-Removed all the images from the .por files.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #258
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:23 PM
Do these go hand in hand, or do you install just one or the other?

ie. CB for GM's, PP for Players?

BoomerET

Another edit: VERY IMPORTANT??? Order these get loaded does matter?

Yes, yet another edit.

If I load Player Pack first, then CB, no problems.

Last edited by BoomerET; January 3rd, 2013 at 01:22 PM.
BoomerET is offline   #259
ShadowChemosh

Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
Do these go hand in hand, or do you install just one or the other?
The CB contains everything the Player Pack does and more. So no reason to load the PP if you have the CB.

Quote:
ie. CB for GM's, PP for Players?
Correct the CB is meant for GM's and the PP is for Players. The Players Pack is much lighter containing only those things a player would care about. So the more complex "monsters" and NPCs are totally left out. Plus the PP only requires a "CORE" HL license where the CB requires a whole lot more.

Quote:
Another edit: VERY IMPORTANT??? Order these get loaded does matter?

Yes, yet another edit.

If I load Player Pack first, then CB, no problems.
If you have the CB you SHOULD NOT install the player pack. Doing so will actually remove stuff from the Modules user files. To keep my life easier when I moved over all of Frumple's "Modules" I kept the same .user file names and removed all the GM stuff. Ok hindsight being 20/20 maybe this was a bad idea. I never thought anyone would load both....

If you have installed BOTH the PP and the CB my advice is to go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and remove the Player Pack. Then reinstall the CB to make sure everything is now good.

Sorry I never thought about a person loading both the CB and PP as their is no reason to have both.

P.S. - I updated the documentation for the Player pack to hopefully make the above more clear. I so need to move all this info to a Wiki or something as its so scattered over this thread..... sigh....

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 3rd, 2013 at 03:03 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #260
Closed Thread