Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mr_Rose

Old July 30th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Wait, since when is the corpse cart not listed under core? My 8e file has it there...

Also, the "Note this unit doesn't count" format is largely consistent across all army books, so either none of the units that formerly didn't count towards much do so now, or they continue to not do so.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #191 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old July 30th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandril_hydana View Post

I think they are supposed to be excluded from counting as core but to me thats not what the rules and FAQ's result in.

I will be happy if we can just get the CC back into Core on AB where it belongs. Really not sure how it ended up in the Hero list.
As written in the Faq VC armies ignore page 88 completely. That stated...

Page 92: Dire Wolves... quote: "Dire wolves do not count towards your minimum core requirements."

Page 93: Bat Swarms... quote "Bat Swarms do not count towards your minimum core requirements."

Page 93: Corpse Cart... quote "Corpse carts do not count towards your minimum core requirements."

I don't think it gets any clearer than that. No reason to FAQ any changes.

As for your second part about the CC being on the hero list..... in 8th edition a necro on a corpse cart means that the cart counts towards your hero allotment -because a necromancer is riding him. Think of it like when a character is riding a dragon, it comes out of the same slot that the character is from -even thouh on its own a dragon is a a rare choice. Thus when a corpse cart is on its own it is a 'core' unit that doesn't count towards the core requirements.

So.... wovles, bat swarms, cc (w/o a necro) only count towards total points not the 25% min core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Rose View Post
Wait, since when is the corpse cart not listed under core? My 8e file has it there...

Also, the "Note this unit doesn't count" format is largely consistent across all army books, so either none of the units that formerly didn't count towards much do so now, or they continue to not do so.

thats why this is the bug reports forum. According to the ruels it isn't supossed to count.
gkgnight is offline   #192 Reply With Quote
B42

Old July 30th, 2010, 11:49 AM
To all who have worked on updating AB to 8th Ed, especially Silks, many thanks. I am a quadriplegic with limited hand function and poor writing. AB help me save so much time!
B42 is offline   #193 Reply With Quote
mandril_hydana

Old July 30th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Hi guys,

Yep I agree that they should not count but I was not sure about how the FAQ note that says ignore page 88 impacted this. If Notes on a Unit entry are the norm then that is fine with me. This issue is resolved for me.

As for the Cart being in the hero list (as per the last version I downloaded via a link from here) I know they count towards hero points when mounted by a Necro. The point is that they are still are core unit entry and should remain in that section on AB, with the wolves and bat swarms.

Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate the lively debate.
mandril_hydana is offline   #194 Reply With Quote
Lord of Khorne

Old July 30th, 2010, 02:42 PM
First of all, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who is working hard to update AB to 8th Ed. and thanks to everyone who is submitting any bugs or errors that need to be changed in the files. I have been following the thread so far but I have now just bothered to register.

Now onto the VC issue. Gkgnight is correct. Any unit, in any army book, that states "does not count towards..." does not count for anything but your total points. They do not count towards the 25% of your points spent on core and the 3 minimum units you need to take.
Lord of Khorne is offline   #195 Reply With Quote
Lord of Khorne

Old July 30th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Silks, when you get a chance, PM me please.
Lord of Khorne is offline   #196 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old July 30th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silks View Post

Silks
PM'd you how to fix magic spells with races that have innate abilities. Its quick and easy.
Romulus68 is offline   #197 Reply With Quote
Helvegr

Old July 30th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kahlain View Post
Quarrellers upgraded to Rangers are not getting the option to add throwing axes... It's working properly for Longbeards and Warriors.

BTW: Thanks for all your hard work on this.
Page 53 clearly states... "Warriors or Longbeards that are upgraded to Rangers can additionally be armed with throwing axes at a cost of +1 point per model".

Quarrellers do not have an option to take throwing axes. Lets be careful to not introduce new bugs.
Helvegr is offline   #198 Reply With Quote
Voloch

Old July 30th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Dark elves:

When taking a Dreadlord (lord choice) and putting him on a Black dragon, the Composition Summary adds the points of both, both to Lord and Hero choices.
Voloch is offline   #199 Reply With Quote
Glirhuin

Old July 31st, 2010, 05:29 AM
Skavens :

The War Banner costs 35 points. I read in the FAQ that we must still use the costs of the army book if different from the new rulebook.
Glirhuin is offline   #200 Reply With Quote