Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 19th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurzel View Post
Why don't you simply split the CB in two parts, so GMs and Players alike load the player pack, DMs additionally the bestiary pack?
Hmm maybe the Player Pack should be treated like a Addon for the CB? But its not really optional as those player parts are used to make the encounter files in the CB. So now people have to know to do the opposite of what has been said here for years. Which is to load both the CB and CPP. That maybe more confusing...

Also on the opposite issue how do I tell new DM's that they have to load both packages? Because the player pack does contain many things that the CB requires. A simple example is "Elven Chain" that can be made magical. Without the Player Pack then many of the Encounter Files that the DM needs to load would no longer load correctly.

I wish I could tell the HL installer to not allow the install if it saw the CB. That would solve allot of issues or have one package inform a person that another package is required. Or that HL installer could be told to also install the CPP if a person downloads the CB.

None of the above solves any of the technical issues of trying to keep the two packages straight when building the install files.

Maybe its my reverse brain. Do others think it makes more sense to install the Player Pack and the CB together instead of one or the other?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #891
kinevon

Old August 20th, 2014, 01:38 AM
I think the way to go would be with a rename, showing a better value for the two files, along with making what is now the player pack a requirement for loading what is now the bestiary pack.

Compendium Player Pack becomes the Compendium Basics Pack, with what amounts to the same content, being everything that a player needs, but nothing beyond. Always remembering that a pet-class PC needed the bestiary materials, anyhow.

The Compendium Bestiary Pack becomes the Game Master Add-On Pack, which would make it obvious, to most people, that it would require installing something else before it would work. It then gets stripped down to just the content in the Bestiary Compendium that is not in the Player Pack, removing the conflicts.

Additional benefit: you and your helpers would only need to make any updates to a single file, whereas, if the content is in the Player Pack now, you have to update it twice.

It would require some additional up-front work to strip out the duplicate material...

Note: the above is brainstorming, as an idea on one way it might work....
kinevon is offline   #892
psych777

Old August 20th, 2014, 04:24 PM
i thought the player pack was named quite obviously. the CB is less clear. maybe calling them the "CPP" and the "CPP + DM pack combo"
psych777 is offline   #893
rwglaub

Old September 7th, 2014, 05:27 AM
Emerald Spire coming soon?

Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com
rwglaub is offline   #894
Cptkevin

Old September 10th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Hi all, this is my first post.
I need your help for a clarification.
I updated my herolab with community content, then I donloaded community bestiary for "Rise of the Runelords anniversary edition".
When I open a dragon (for example Longthoot) her lab tells me that I miss CB Dragon variant, but I cannot find this file anywhere.
The same problem when I open a monster from advance bestiary guide, which hero lab file I cannot find anywhere.

Could you be so kind to assist me?

Thank you very much
Cptkevin is offline   #895
SunnyD

Old September 12th, 2014, 11:35 AM
I'm probably missing something obvious, but can someone please tell me how to remove an installed update from iPad? In this case the Community Super Pack. I just cannot figure it out.
SunnyD is offline   #896
ShadowChemosh

Old September 12th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
I'm probably missing something obvious, but can someone please tell me how to remove an installed update from iPad? In this case the Community Super Pack. I just cannot figure it out.
Go to "View Updates" and Left Swipe on the "Community Super Pack" and a "red" delete will appear.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #897
ShadowChemosh

Old September 13th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
DO NOT LOAD THE "COMMUNITY BESTIARY" AND "COMMUNITY PLAYER PACK" TOGETHER. IF YOU ARE THE GM LOAD THE COMMUNITY BESTIARY. IF YOU ARE A PLAYER LOAD THE COMMUNITY PLAYER PACK.

Community Bestiary (vX.XX)
The Community has been hard at work inputting adventure path and 3PP monsters. I have combined all these different books into one large data set for the community. Inside you will find hundreds of evil creatures to torture your players with or I mean give XP too.
Version Notes

Version 2.24 - September 7, 2014
-Updated ShadowChemosh Adjustments to v2.10.
-Bodrin updated the Iconic Bestiary monsters.
-Bodrin added Levels 1 to 4 of Emerald Spire Superdungeon bestiary, player items, and Encounter Files!
-Fixes to Way of the Wicked.
-Thanks to Korlen for all his help on Way of the Wicked and Vampires!
-Korlen added "Shroud of the Daywalker".
-Ring of Corruption (Way of the Wicked) fixed to give +1 bonus not +2.
-Thanks to Risner for all the PFS fixes!
-Risner added 3 new GenCon boons.
-Frumple added Mummy's Mask Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
-Frumple added Wardens of the Reborn Forge bestiary and Encounter Files.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #898
ShadowChemosh

Old September 13th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
d20pfsrd - Community Player Pack (vX.XX)
The Community has been hard at work inputting 3PP adventure path and Paizo modules. This has allowed us to create a data set that is player centric in its goal. While LW inputs the player specific items from Paizo Adventure paths until now players had to fend for themselves if they played in a Paizo Module or a 3PP AP. Well we have you covered as this data set is for players in mind. So if your a player and looking for magic items, equipment, weapons, armor, feats, traits, spells, classes, archetypes, or prestiage classes from 3PP adventures or Paizo Modules this data package is for you!
Version Notes

Version 2.24 - September 7, 2014
-Bodrin added Levels 1 to 4 of Emerald Spire Superdungeon player items.
-Thanks to Korlen for all his help on Way of the Wicked and Vampires!
-Korlen added "Shroud of the Daywalker".
-Ring of Corruption (Way of the Wicked) fixed to give +1 bonus not +2.
-Thanks to Risner for all the PFS fixes!
-Risner added 3 new GenCon boons.
-Frumple added Wardens of the Reborn Forge player items.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #899
Kaleb

Old September 13th, 2014, 04:27 PM
HOW DO YOU DELETE all files for the comunity beastiry and the player pack.
Kaleb is offline   #900
Closed Thread