Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Lord Gorchnik

Old May 6th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Hey Shadow a question for ya. It says when you install the Community Player pack to NOT install that and the Bestiary together. Does this mean I can install one and then the other, or I should NEVER have both of them installed on the same computer?
Lord Gorchnik is offline   #761
Lord_Void

Old May 6th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Hey guys!

Thanks again for all you work on the community projects and the Ultimate Psionics

* Is there a change log anywhere for Ult Psi progress? just so I don't pop in to say I can't find something only to be told it's not implemented yet?

That said potentially foolish questions are
1. How do you print/export a Psionic characters Psi-Abilities?
*With a spell-casting class there is an option for it when printing/exporting but not found one when making a Psionic character.

2. Unable to assign/select 'insights' for the Cryptic class?
Lord_Void is offline   #762
Dianae

Old May 6th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Gorchnik View Post
Hey Shadow a question for ya. It says when you install the Community Player pack to NOT install that and the Bestiary together. Does this mean I can install one and then the other, or I should NEVER have both of them installed on the same computer?
They are duplicate information sets, with the Player Pack giving only what the players should know/understand and the bestiary pack has other information that is useful/used by the GM's only.

If you had both of them, one would overwrite the other is my guess. They use the same tags so that if a sheet is sent back and forth, then the .por is still valid.

At least that was my take on the matter. I could be mistaken.
Dianae is offline   #763
TCArknight

Old May 6th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Void View Post
Hey guys!

Thanks again for all you work on the community projects and the Ultimate Psionics

* Is there a change log anywhere for Ult Psi progress? just so I don't pop in to say I can't find something only to be told it's not implemented yet?

*With a spell-casting class there is an option for it when printing/exporting but not found one when making a Psionic character.

2. Unable to assign/select 'insights' for the Cryptic class?
I'm looking at putting together a list of stuff that I'm working on.

I don't know what's going on with the print/export, but as to the Cryptic, that's a bug that I have fixed in the next release.
TCArknight is offline   #764
Lord Gorchnik

Old May 6th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianae View Post
They are duplicate information sets, with the Player Pack giving only what the players should know/understand and the bestiary pack has other information that is useful/used by the GM's only.

If you had both of them, one would overwrite the other is my guess. They use the same tags so that if a sheet is sent back and forth, then the .por is still valid.

At least that was my take on the matter. I could be mistaken.
Ah fiddlesticks. So I installed the player community pack when I am going to be GMing. Can I install the combined bestiary pack instead and just let it overwrite it, or do I need to do a completely fresh install?
Lord Gorchnik is offline   #765
Dianae

Old May 6th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Ah fiddlesticks. So I installed the player community pack when I am going to be GMing. Can I install the combined bestiary pack instead and just let it overwrite it, or do I need to do a completely fresh install?
You wouldn't need to re-install Hero Lab, you can delete single Packs from the Community Sets, go to Tools, then Manage third party extensions, and then delete the player pack. Then install the Bestiary Pack.

I have not tried overwriting it personally, but you could always try, and if you get errors, uninstall both and then install the Bestiary.
Dianae is offline   #766
Lord_Void

Old May 6th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
I'm looking at putting together a list of stuff that I'm working on.

I don't know what's going on with the print/export, but as to the Cryptic, that's a bug that I have fixed in the next release.

Thank you TCArknight,

You're a scholar and a gentleman, always good to know I'm not going mad as I do wonder at times
Lord_Void is offline   #767
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 6th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Quote:
They both contain the "exact" same stuff but with different file names. So if you load both into HL then it will cause errors and HL will go into safe mode.

So my advice is to NEVER install both onto the same computer.

If your the DM load the CB if your just playing load CPP. If you plan to do both then load CB as it has all the extra's.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; May 6th, 2014 at 08:22 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #768
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 6th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Hey guys!

I don't have a complete log. Some of it is listed on the version notes. Its a good idea its just that it takes time to build the list. So its a toss up about do I fix issues or build a list. Not trying to be a jerk or anything its just limited time and I have to go with the more important task.

If something is not working or appears to be missing please just post and let us know. I would rather get the occasional not implemented report then not get a real bug report. We have found a few things that are not "linked" right so it appears its missing or not implemented but really its a bug.

Quote:
I would suggest putting in an Official Bug Report for this issue as I can't add anything about printing to HL. That is all behind the scenes and their should be a "Power" print option.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #769
LazarX

Old May 7th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Were the Forgotten Realms files deprecated because RavenX is no longer active?
LazarX is offline   #770
Closed Thread