Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 27th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Actually, I forgot about it, I'm sorry to say. I'm afraid I don't currently have enough time available to figure out a system that will let me mark qualities as dual-use and make sure you only select them on one table or the other. I've written this down on my to-do list so I don't forget it again. Thanks for bumping the issue.
Wouldn't this be as simple as making a second copy of the various qualities and where appropriate using the same scripts or settings that Biocompatibility has now to make sure that once you took one of them in one place that all the rest were invalid?
cryptoknight is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 27th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
Wouldn't this be as simple as making a second copy of the various qualities and where appropriate using the same scripts or settings that Biocompatibility has now to make sure that once you took one of them in one place that all the rest were invalid?
It's a lot simpler to write prereqs on other things, for example, "Magic Resistance Forbidden" if the copy of Magic Resistance on the positive qualities table is the same thing as the copy of Magic resistance on the positive metagenetic qualities table.

Creating duplicates will be plan B if I can't get plan A to work.
Mathias is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old April 27th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug, a design oversight, or what, but:

Weapon Mounts are a [Standard] modification, and threfore should not be allowed on a Minidrone or a Microdrone. Doing so should produce a Validation Error. Several other vehicle modifications are correctly tagged as "not available for microdrones or minidrones.

However, whatever flag is set to do that for other modifications, appears to be missing from Weapon Mounts.

"Oopsie" ...?
_Pax_ is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
JTip

Old April 27th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Bows are listed in the SR4A corebook state that the maximum Strength rating for a bow is 12 - yet HeroLab appears to cap it at 8.

Here is the description from the book on page 315-316
Quote:
Bows have minimum Strength ratings that indicate the minimum Strength a character must have to use that weapon. When attacking with a bow, a character whose Strength is less than the Strength minimum suffers a –2 dice pool modifier per point below the minimum; this penalty reflects the difficulty they have in pulling the bow and nocking an arrow. The weapon’s minimum Strength rating is also used to determine the weapon’s range and damage. Material science limits high-tech bows to a maximum Strength rating of 12. The maximum Damage Value an arrow fired from the bow can inflict is equal to the bow’s rating x1.5.
Also, HeroLab appears to add 2 avalability per rating of Minimum Strength, though there doesn't appear to be any mention of that in the core book or Arsonal. Both list both Bows and Collapsible Bows as having a flat/fixed avalablilty of 2 and 4-Restricted respectively.
JTip is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 28th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTip View Post
Bows are listed in the SR4A corebook state that the maximum Strength rating for a bow is 12 - yet HeroLab appears to cap it at 8.

Here is the description from the book on page 315-316

Also, HeroLab appears to add 2 avalability per rating of Minimum Strength, though there doesn't appear to be any mention of that in the core book or Arsonal. Both list both Bows and Collapsible Bows as having a flat/fixed avalablilty of 2 and 4-Restricted respectively.
SR4A 315 lists the availability for a bow as Rating x 2 in the table on page 315.
And the rating max for a box on page 316 is 8.

This is the current Errata document also capping all bows at strength 8.

http://www.shadowrun4.com/wp-content...4A_changes.pdf
cryptoknight is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
bludragn

Old April 28th, 2012, 03:54 PM
move-by-wire doesnt seem to be adding the +1 dodge bonus to defense pools displayed on the char sheet. i thought it was doing it but not sure will check other chars later to see.
bludragn is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
Lugh Lamfhada

Old April 29th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Found an issue with military grade armor. It is using body x2 for encumbrance instead of body x3. Also helmets for full body type armors are listed as having an availability equal to the armor while in their respective books it does not have an availability listed, only an increase in price.
Lugh Lamfhada is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 29th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludragn View Post
move-by-wire doesnt seem to be adding the +1 dodge bonus to defense pools displayed on the char sheet. i thought it was doing it but not sure will check other chars later to see.
bludragon, is this post from the 2.6 bug reports thread relevant to your move-by-wire issue?

http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost.php?p=80311&postcount=39
Mathias is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 29th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh Lamfhada View Post
Found an issue with military grade armor. It is using body x2 for encumbrance instead of body x3. Also helmets for full body type armors are listed as having an availability equal to the armor while in their respective books it does not have an availability listed, only an increase in price.
Does your character have any augmentation armor or natural armor? There's a bug (already fixed for the next update) that's currently counting those as armor pieces without the x3 encumbrance tag - meaning HL thinks your character is wearing some pieces that have been modified to grant you x3 encumbrance and xome pieces that have not.

For the Helmets, since HL allows you to purchase them separately from their parent armor, they need an availability of their own for Hero Lab's purposes. Otherwise, a starting character'd be allowed to purchase military helmets, but helmets are only supposed to be available with their armor, so you're supposed to have passed the availability check for the armor before you can buy the helmet with it.
Mathias is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
bludragn

Old April 29th, 2012, 11:22 AM
lol Nevermind im a idiot. i figured it out. i was looking at the char sheet and didnt notice that the move by wire bonus was already added into the dodge skill. its working correctly.
bludragn is offline   #80 Reply With Quote