Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

SouthpawSoldier

Old March 27th, 2019, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The most common reason is your getting an error on load. Once HL gets an error it loads in safe mode and will not load any .user files.

Do you have any of your own .user files that could have an error?
*edit to correct* I had downloaded it on my old laptop; forgot this was a new laptop. Still isn't downloading files with new source, though

I'm having a similar issue; downloaded the community pack in the past, worked fine. Recently updated HL, and community pack isn't loading at all.

I did have one file that I had adjusted, to enable a player a velociraptor animal companion, but I don't know how to check if that was the cause of the issue.

/me is a lit nerd, not a techie.

Last edited by SouthpawSoldier; March 27th, 2019 at 04:56 AM. Reason: I had cerebral flatulence
SouthpawSoldier is offline   #681 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 5th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Is there a page on the GitHub wiki that explains how to grab the most recently-updated copy of the files from there? Anyone who wants to use the work I've done on GGtR, or Mergon's WGTE stuff, before the next big release would need to do it that way.

If there isn't a little guide already, I could make one.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #682 Reply With Quote
DoubleRadiation

Old April 11th, 2019, 12:00 PM
Hello, I've been happy with all the great work the community put into this amazing pack, but having just recently bought the Mordekainen's tome of foes, I realise its content is not present in the pack and was wondering if it was in the works and would be added in the (near) future?

Thank you very much
DoubleRadiation is offline   #683 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 11th, 2019, 01:16 PM
Work is going slowly on it. There's only a handful of us currently working on this, since it's a volunteer thing. We just don't have enough people willing to put in the time to get it done. All the monsters have their basic stats implemented into our pre-release files. But most of them don't have their special abilities added. It's time consuming, but not terribly hard.

If you (or anyone else) are interested in helping with that, we have a whole tutorial on how to do it. We'd welcome the assistance!

The sooner we have volunteers willing to do it, the sooner we can get the file out to everyone.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #684 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 11th, 2019, 02:03 PM
Everything people need to try and help has been made. Just need volunteers.

Pre-Release Download File (Contains monster shells): https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_C...ive/master.zip

Tracking Ticket: https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/issues/834

Tutorials: https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/wiki/Monster

It's really not that hard to finish them off. We just don't have the active man power.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; April 11th, 2019 at 02:16 PM.
daplunk is offline   #685 Reply With Quote
adeaver

Old May 6th, 2019, 09:17 AM
I'm currently running Eberron in 5e (converting old 3.5 modules) and am updating/adding the the existing UA - Eberron file if anyone needs help on that part.

Or anything else. I'm volunteering

Last edited by adeaver; May 6th, 2019 at 09:56 AM.
adeaver is offline   #686 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 7th, 2019, 03:20 PM
Anyone who wants to volunteer, sign up for Github and message me your UserID so I can give you contributor access.

You can contact me within the Hero Lab Discord Channel if you need to talk about next steps.

Keep in mind I'm in Australia though. So my available hours are rarely the same as yours.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #687 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old May 8th, 2019, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeaver View Post
I'm currently running Eberron in 5e (converting old 3.5 modules) and am updating/adding the the existing UA - Eberron file if anyone needs help on that part.
Mergon has already gotten us almost completely up to date with the current version of Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron. I think he is still working on the Dragonmarks. But otherwise, the work is already done. You can pull down the whole Community Pack from the GitHub to get what he's done.

We really need work done on MTOF, but it sounds like you're specifically wanting to do Eberron stuff.

Fenris447 is offline   #688 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old May 12th, 2019, 05:22 AM
School will be ending soon (I'm a teacher) so I'll have some time to volunteer.

Steps to get involved?
1. Request access to GitHub
??

so if the current focus of effort is MToF (I need to go buy that), how do you "divide" work so no two people do the same thing?
wynlyndd is offline   #689 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old May 13th, 2019, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynlyndd View Post
how do you "divide" work so no two people do the same thing?
We have a tracker with cards here. I don't know if you need specific access levels to modify it. If that prevents you from claiming a card, post a comment on the MTOF issue saying what you're working on.

Fenris447 is offline   #690 Reply With Quote