Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lance19999

Old May 28th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Hi
Not certain if I am in the right place as I have not used forums before. I sent an email to the tech people about a problem and suggested the forum.

Last week I started to download the latest warhammer fantasy updates. During which I had an error. Since then when I open AB the first 'ok' screen and the start screen appear stuck in the bottom right corner of the screen and I cannot move them or click on the ok to progress with the opening up of AB. I then cannot do anything on the computer and have to reboot. Any suggestions?
Lance19999 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old May 28th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Two things I can think of. Go into the ArmybuilderEX\Data folder and delete the wh6 folder, then download the new data files. If that doesn't work try starting Army Builder in Admin mode (just right click on the icon and run as admin). Also make sure your running the latest version of Army Builder.
gilvagor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lance19999

Old May 29th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Hi
Thanks
Tried both suggestions. No luck but instead of it being in the bottom right of screen when it now opens up it occupies bottom right quarter of screen so getting larger but not quite enough to click on first 'ok' screen. Also I am now able to use Task Manager to shut it down rather than re-boot.
Lance
Lance19999 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old May 29th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Strange. I've never had any problems like that nor has anybody I know that has AB. You might try to uninstall AB then download a fresh copy from their site and reinstall it.

Otherwise just wait for Rob or Colen to get back to you.
gilvagor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Gensol

Old May 29th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I had a problem like this once too. Try reinstalling the army builder. You can do a repair option too.
Gensol is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lance19999

Old June 1st, 2010, 01:41 AM
Hi all

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Tried them all but of course non worked. However my son in law came over yesterday and he fiddled with the arrow and enter keys and managed to get past all the 'ok' screens to the main screen which we could then drag it to the middle of the screen. Problem solved.

Simples.

Thanks
Lance
Lance19999 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old June 1st, 2010, 03:22 AM
Strange. Glad you got it figured out but very strange.
gilvagor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote