Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Come to think of it, this sounds very much like the empty not empty user file bug.

If you sort by type in the d20 folder and select all 0kb user files move them all into a backup folder separate to hero lab then reload it may work!

I had the same problem testing the v1.6 files!
If the installer is leaving the 0kb file then that is a bug in the HL installer. I have done allot of testing and so far had no issues in this regard. The files in v1.6 where not actually 0kb in DropBox they where 1kb as they still had the start/end tags of Document.

The best thing at this point is to post the exact errors as poor Bodrin is working in the dark over here without that. Heck even take some screen shots which can easily be attached to a post here to get more info.

My only other question is your not using any .user files that got sent to you directly from Lawful_g or anything? That happened to another fellow and the files that got sent where named for Development not live use so it caused all sorts of errors.

Worst case is you could zip up the whole d20 data folder and either email/dropbox/FTP it as then we could try and duplicate the issue. Eventually the few issues I have seen we work out and fix. Just takes a little time is all.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
tkolhoff

Old August 22nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
At this point there are no actual errors showing up. I log into HL and it looks for updates. It tells me there are no new updates. I select D20 game system and it loads perfectly (now I have removed the .user files). It finishes loading game system and goes into where you can select the materials you want to have available for character creation.. it shows the various options: dragon lance, forgotten realms, 3.0, 3.5 etc. But they are greyed out and cannot be selected. When I get home I will try to send a screen shot of it.

Thanks...

Terry
tkolhoff is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 22nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkolhoff View Post
it shows the various options: dragon lance, forgotten realms, 3.0, 3.5 etc. But they are greyed out and cannot be selected. When I get home I will try to send a screen shot of it.
That makes sense as you didn't remove the the .1st file which is what loads those Parent Sources and which can't be selected. In Hero Lab now their is a built in feature to control 3rd Party Add-ons that is under Tools that can be used to remove every file that was loaded. Just for future reference.

I would manually download release 1.5 by clicking HERE. Once downloaded, I advise to your desktop, simply double click on it without HL running. HL will start and prompt you to install. After the install if you have any errors on loading d20 copy them/screen shot them to this thread and we will try and help out. Without that we are just guessing in the dark.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
tkolhoff

Old August 22nd, 2011, 01:46 PM
I did as you said and dloaded the update to desktop and opened it. It updated the program and when I opened it up the errors were back. I cant seem to post the screenshot of the errors. Here is an attachment of it though. ScnShot of errors.jpg

Terry
tkolhoff is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 22nd, 2011, 01:57 PM
Can you ZIP up the whole (d20) folder. If really lucky it will be small enough to email to me at (ShadowChemosh_at_yahoo_dot_com). As those errors make no sense at all and I would really like to figure out why.

If it is too big for email let me know and I have an FTP server you can upload it too. Or if you have some way of hosting/sharing the zip file with me that will work also.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
tkolhoff

Old August 22nd, 2011, 02:18 PM
No luck on getting the zipped file small enough to email to you.
tkolhoff is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old August 22nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
The screenshot shows the AaEG Armor Weapons and Gear file as one of the culprits.
Remove that user file and reload HL!
bodrin is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 22nd, 2011, 03:08 PM
First question is do you have ANY of your own custom stuff?

Do the following to just see what happens and I assume you have Win7 so if not change the folder location to match you version of windows:

1) Do NOT have Hero Lab running. If it is close it down.

2) Go to C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\d20 and rename the folder to d20_save. You will see TWO d20 game choices when you start HL but that is fine and won't hurt anything.

3) Go to C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\download\d20.hl and double click on it which will start HL and prompt you to do a install. At the bottom left of this window it should read "Folder for Game System: d20". If it does go ahead and click on "Start Import".

4) If HL is running Exit and close it down. Then go to "Lawful_G_d20(v1.5).hl" and double click on it which again will bring you to the HL Import Window. Again make sure it says "Folder for Game System: d20" in the bottom left corner and click on "Start Import".

5) At the game selection window double click on the "d20" game that does NOT say "d20_save" under it and test to see if the data set is now working correctly.

Let me know thanks.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
tkolhoff

Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:32 PM
I dont have any .user files left in my d20 folder. I have .dat, and stock, .cfg, .pkg, .hlz , and a lawfulg_d20_styles files still in there though.

Im running Vista on my laptop.. I will try to do what you have a listed for me to try and see what happens.

Terry
tkolhoff is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
tkolhoff

Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:43 PM
Ok, I have no errors when HL d20 loads but the user content is not listed at all now though.
tkolhoff is offline   #20 Reply With Quote