Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AEIOU

Old July 4th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Create a "Party Loot" category and put them into sections named for each player or left at their base or that hasn't been distributed or is common for all to use?

Your level of detail for encumbrance and identification is much greater than mine. I tend to figure that the gold value for gems and other stuff is the party's estimate of what they think they can get. The jeweler may turn around and sell the 20gp ruby he just bought from the party for 100gp. It doesn't matter what it's really worth because the amount I assign is what they are going to get and there's no reason for me to hide it. Again, different playstyles.... It's always fun for me to see how others play and I always enjoy their games because they are different from mine.
AEIOU is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old July 4th, 2016, 05:53 PM
I didn't think of that. I could have the results of gather information in the monster, NPC, or place and then just activate them their. Sorry that it's my inexperience with RW.

As for items every item is a different item, even if it is more than one if the same type of gem, so I kind still have to put those in separate and it would be nice to be able to just duplicate them.
Bloodwolf is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old July 4th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Create a "Party Loot" category and put them into sections named for each player or left at their base or that hasn't been distributed or is common for all to use?

Your level of detail for encumbrance and identification is much greater than mine. I tend to figure that the gold value for gems and other stuff is the party's estimate of what they think they can get. The jeweler may turn around and sell the 20gp ruby he just bought from the party for 100gp. It doesn't matter what it's really worth because the amount I assign is what they are going to get and there's no reason for me to hide it. Again, different playstyles.... It's always fun for me to see how others play and I always enjoy their games because they are different from mine.
I kind of do for valuables but it is nice for me to know what it is actually worth and I make them actually use the Appraisal skill. And let's face it my party likes to pocket small items instead of giving them to party treasure.

But for magic items I don't like just telling them what a magic item does because I sometimes use cursed items.
Bloodwolf is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old July 5th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
I didn't think of that. I could have the results of gather information in the monster, NPC, or place and then just activate them their. Sorry that it's my inexperience with RW.

As for items every item is a different item, even if it is more than one if the same type of gem, so I kind still have to put those in separate and it would be nice to be able to just duplicate them.
Do your players use HL for character sheets? It has a journal that can be used to track loot. That might be a better place to track strictly monetary loot.

I'm not even sure what game system you're using. Don't most systems that have magic items also at this point allow pretty easy ID of most such items? Is it all that common that your players have magic items they have not identified for very long?
kbs666 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote