Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Parody

Old May 17th, 2016, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Sorry, I should have been more specific. It brings up the Create In Family window, and THEN the Quick create window.
Don't worry about it. That was just me having an extra pedantic day yesterday. ::sigh::

Parody is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2016, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ich.pdf View Post
thx Joe, I was indeed ignorant of that little + and did the Quick create solution instead.

However, as Realm Works seems to be meant to be the ultra smooth and accessible content creating experience, think about this work flow:

You design a plot and move it to the navigation pane. Then you hit a plot point and automatically create a new scene associated to it. Then you go in detail, jump to another plot point, creating the topic in an instant, work there, jump back, jump to another and so forth - without ever leaving the current view of plot -> navigation pane and respective scene -> content pane.

Please, first things first, this is a very minor request I just figured that it would be a nice way to ease things even more. I am totally ok with the current approach.
This has definitely been on our radar, but, as you point out, it's not high on the radar. We actually included a more unified handling of plots and scenes in the feature prioritization survey last year. Based on the results, everybody generally felt the same as you regarding its priority.

And sorry about the confusion up-thread with my looking things up wrongly. However, I did catch the Quick Create option from the Select Topic dialog that Joe had missed, so it wasn't a complete fail on my part.
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2016, 09:49 AM
@ich.pdf

Yes I agree the workflow could be smoother. I believe one of the challenges is that the way things are currently set up under the hood, it's tricky to edit maps and plots when they are in the nav pane. I think we allow it in certain circumstances, but there are also some minor bugs associated with it. This of course could be changed, but would likely involve some significant changes to the way things are done under the hood.
Joe is online now   #13 Reply With Quote