Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilash View Post
I double-checked and most conditions seems to be working fine. The two that doesn't work according to the rules though are Grappled and Pinned (see below).
Looks like these are differences between Pathfinder and the SRD that I missed. I'll get these fixed. Thanks for catching them.
Mathias is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modus0 View Post
The minimum height for both Elves and Half-elves is incorrect, still going off the 3.5 minimums instead of the Pathfinder ones. Likewise, the die type for the Male elf's height modifier has been increased from 2d6 to 2d8.

And given that Pathfinder uses a Weight Modifier that is a multiplier (x3 lbs. for an elf, as opposed to the 3.5 x[1d6] lbs.), would it be easier to force an averaging of the die roll, or change to a multiplier?
I apologize - I didn't pay any attention to the height and weight calculations to figure out if they'd changed. I'll get this fixed, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teinedraig View Post
An error with the Editor - when you copy a race the editor adds an index="0" attribute to the <bootstrap> tags which then causes a validation error.

Manually editing the xml and removing this errant attribute allows the race to compile correctly.
Could you tell me which race you copied? Also, what steps did you take after making the copy? Did you give it a new unique ID, then immediately save and test it? Or did you add things before doing that?

I just tried copying the elf race, gave it a new ID, saved the file, and tested it, and didn't run into any problems.

If you can duplicate the problem again, go ahead and email the file to me - my email address is my username here (in lowercase), @wolflair.com (I apologize for not writing it out - I'd rather not attract too much spam to it).

Last edited by Mathias; November 18th, 2009 at 08:23 AM.
Mathias is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 18th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Hi Mathias.

I'm trying to re-create the spellless variant of the Ranger class. I've copied the Ranger class in the editor and renamed it, checked that it counts as Ranger class (I also tried without doing this), and looked at everything I can think of. I've also taken out all the references to spell ability.

When I level up to the point he gets bonus feats and abilities the class tab gives the option to select them, but when I click I get the error box No Selection Exists (can't remember if that's the exact wording but it's close).

I figure I'm missing something, but have no clue what it is!

Thanks!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2009, 09:48 AM
There's an editor selection for "Allow Custom Abilities..." (along with "Allow Secondary Abilities...", and tertiary) - you'll need to select ranger in those menus, as well as the "Counts As Classes"
Mathias is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 18th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
There's an editor selection for "Allow Custom Abilities..." (along with "Allow Secondary Abilities...", and tertiary) - you'll need to select ranger in those menus, as well as the "Counts As Classes"
Thanks!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 19th, 2009, 06:26 AM
This is minor, but under languages, Elven is spelled "lEvlen."
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 19th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Actually, the real problem there is that it's adding a tag for a language that doesn't exist - note that lEvlen is at the bottom of the list - out of alphabetical order. That means it's a tag that isn't in the official list. So, the real bug is that Tieflings aren't allowed to select Elven as a language. This'll be fixed in the next update. Thanks for catching it.
Mathias is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:48 AM
The Wolf animal companion for the Ranger wasn't given the 'Trip' ability by default, and it looks like it's skill bonuses are short (Bestiary has it at +8 Perception, +6 Stealth).
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
mbouck

Old November 22nd, 2009, 11:15 PM
Sacred Conduit trait doesn't appear to be factored-in to a Cleric's Channel Energy-related DC checks. Also the description for Sacred Conduit says it's +2 to DC when printed-out instead of +1. Finally traits got printed out two times on the character sheet. Are traits/flaws fully implemented?
mbouck is offline   #30 Reply With Quote