Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

RkoTitan

Old April 13th, 2018, 10:10 AM
I recently attempted to learn what I could about the Hero Lab editor to give my players of using the Unchained Ninja created by Everyman Gaming. I have hit quite a few snags. Just this morning I finally found an eval script that would apply charisma to ki pool.

My final real hurdle is to figure out how to add rogue talents to my list of ninja tricks when leveling up. I noticed that despite owning the required books stuff like 'fast stealth' do not appear in the list . is there anything I can do to add it to the custom class or am I missing something?

Thank you for any help you can give.
RkoTitan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 13th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Need more info. I assumed you made "Everyman" an archetype to be added to the Ninja correct? You didn't start a whole new class from scratch?

When I look a at ninja I see Fast Stealth and other Rogue Talents without issue.

Going to assume you decided to make a whole new version of Ninja. In which case for the Custom Ability you need to allow your brand new class to "Allow Custom Abilities" of Rogue. This is option is found on the "Class" tab of the editor. That will let you see Rogue Talents along with Ninja Tricks.

You could also overwrite the custom expression for the Custom Ability to use abCategory.? tags. In example the community "Expanded" archetype for the Unchained Barbarian allows all rage powers to be used. I had to modify the base classes custom expression to allow this. See THIS example on GitHub from the community Repository.

Unless Everyman Ninja changes 99% of the class I would NOT re-create a new class. You will end up with more issues down the road with Pre-Req of feats, talents and tricks. This is because your new class is not going to be treated as a Ninja without allot of extra work. An archetype can be used more easily to add features or make changes. An archetype does NOT have to remove abilities. It could instead just add and then you won't have to deal with tricking HL into treating your new class as a the Ninja Base class.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RkoTitan

Old April 14th, 2018, 04:18 AM
Yep that was a heck of a lot easier. I didn't even think to do that. The most difficult think to do in this case was add Style Strikes but trial and error and examples helped.

Thanks so much for the help.
RkoTitan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kweise

Old December 8th, 2021, 07:05 AM
Hi, sorry to bring this old thread up, but I am using the same Unchained Ninja from Everyman Gaming.

RkoTitan - can you share the user files for this with me? Barring that, did you make an archetype of the Ninja or the Unchained Rogue?

Thanks!
kweise is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nexus_Light

Old December 10th, 2021, 11:19 PM
Im currently working on making the Ninja from everyman gaming, Im actually nearly done with it funnily enough, I am currently just working out how to add Dispatchment to the class then its done
Nexus_Light is offline   #5 Reply With Quote