Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
RBollerman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 9

Old March 24th, 2018, 08:25 AM
I've checked a few of my characters, and there seems to be no way to Adjust for Guidance being cast on my character.

Am I missing something?
RBollerman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada.
Posts: 419

Old March 24th, 2018, 08:31 AM
If you go onto the 'Adjustment' tab.

There are three sets of things to click.
The top one is for spell adjustments.

Also, you can get a lot of Community Adjustments, beyond those implemented by Lonewolf, through the Community Pack for free.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RBollerman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 9

Old March 24th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Thanks for being helpful, but it's not there.

To further clarify:

Under the Adjustments tab I have the options of Spell Adjustments, Conferred Ability Adjustments, or Other Adjustments. Guidance is not an option in ANY of them. One would think that it would be available under the Spell Adjustments, but it is not there.

If it is there on yours, what do I need to check in Configure Hero to get it to appear?

Thanks!
RBollerman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,454

Old March 24th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBollerman View Post
Thanks for being helpful, but it's not there.

To further clarify:

Under the Adjustments tab I have the options of Spell Adjustments, Conferred Ability Adjustments, or Other Adjustments. Guidance is not an option in ANY of them. One would think that it would be available under the Spell Adjustments, but it is not there.

If it is there on yours, what do I need to check in Configure Hero to get it to appear?

Thanks!
Correct no such specific adjustment called "Guidance". You use the adjustments under the "Other Adjustments" to build yourself 99% of all spell effects generically.

You can also add the Community Pack and turn on ShadowChemosh Adjustments to get even more generic adjustments to do changes/effects to characters.

P.S. - Guidance is an effect that gives +1 to a SINGLE die roll. I doubt such a thing is worth scripting into HL really. Just add +1 to the single die you roll and be done.

If you are just trying to track that you have the spell on your character. You can use a generic spell adjustment from the community pack called "- Custom Spell Selection -" to track any spell that affects your character. But it won't change any values.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; March 24th, 2018 at 12:49 PM.
ShadowChemosh is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
RBollerman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 9

Old March 24th, 2018, 01:00 PM
Thanks! I realize that it's a bonus on only 1 roll, but when you have an intelligent item that grants Guidance at will it would be nice to have the bonus added in already. So, we'll just keep a copy of the Guidance card from the buff deck with the character.
RBollerman is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greater London, UK
Posts: 1,703

Old March 24th, 2018, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBollerman View Post
Thanks! I realize that it's a bonus on only 1 roll, but when you have an intelligent item that grants Guidance at will it would be nice to have the bonus added in already. So, we'll just keep a copy of the Guidance card from the buff deck with the character.
Doesn't "at will" mean that you still need to cast it, so it won't always be available?

Farling

Author of the CSV2RW tool (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58156) and the RW Output tool (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59981)
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 12,307

Old March 24th, 2018, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Doesn't "at will" mean that you still need to cast it, so it won't always be available?
I know what he's referring to, and it's a bit OP in my opinion - an intelligent sword that only has one ability beyond its bonuses and weapon powers - to cast guidance at will, so if you've taken the item, basically the sword takes an action every round to cast guidance.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Farling
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greater London, UK
Posts: 1,703

Old March 25th, 2018, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I know what he's referring to, and it's a bit OP in my opinion - an intelligent sword that only has one ability beyond its bonuses and weapon powers - to cast guidance at will, so if you've taken the item, basically the sword takes an action every round to cast guidance.
But it only applies to one roll during the turn, so only one of the iterative attacks or one save and no attacks.
So any manual adjustment would have to be switched off every turn once it had been used.

Farling

Author of the CSV2RW tool (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58156) and the RW Output tool (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59981)
Farling is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 564

Old March 25th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I know what he's referring to, and it's a bit OP in my opinion - an intelligent sword that only has one ability beyond its bonuses and weapon powers - to cast guidance at will, so if you've taken the item, basically the sword takes an action every round to cast guidance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
But it only applies to one roll during the turn, so only one of the iterative attacks or one save and no attacks.
So any manual adjustment would have to be switched off every turn once it had been used.
Yes, that is what I thought too, I think it would be more of a PITA to remove it after 1 roll in combat than have it added to one roll. Makes more sense to simply tell your GM "I am using my +1 bonus on this roll".

As for OP? Not in my opinion, Mathias. At low levels it makes a bit of difference, but honestly, even a +1 sword shouldn't be much available at really low levels and by 6th the weapon has become less useful, just my opinion.
ErinRigh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.