Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

scarymike

Old July 24th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I do not yet own Hero Lab yet, however, I'm seriously considering purchasing it. I do have a friend who currently uses it and likes it.

However, my next char I plan to make is the Summoner archetype called "Synthesist." Its my understanding that this is not implemented yet (or at least the main powers such as Fused Eidolon are not implemented yet. )

Can someone please clarify this for me and let me know when this is expected to be implemented to so I can plan my purchase appropriately? Will I be able to play this char using Hero Lab currently? Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks.
scarymike is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Cutter

Old July 28th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Thought I would second this request.

I have a player who wants to be a synthesist. I was a bit surprised to see it wasn't implemented yet when we went to use it......
Cutter is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
areteas

Old July 28th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I think half the problem with the synthesist is that Paizo hasn't clearly described how this archetype works yet. At least, not without the GM making calls on applicability of the summoner's worn armor (and if that stays worn while the eidolon is summoned), BAB while in Fused Eidolon form for multiclassed summoners, applicability of evolutions such as Skilled for synthesist Eidolons, whether the synthesist can use his own feats and weapon proficiencies while fused or if he must purchase these as evolutions, whether synthesists can purchase feats which they qualify for only while fused (Multiattack, Improved Natural Armor/Natural Attack, et al), etc. See the Paizo boards for the various raging debates going on over the archetype.
Until Paizo fixes this broken archetype, it seems like it'd be hard for Lone Wolf to code it up without making a lot of assumptions and determinations themselves.
areteas is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Cutter

Old August 8th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Paizo has finally answered all of the questions on the synthesist archetype on the Ultimate Magic FAQ page:

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fz#v5748eaic9o7n

Any chance we can get this archetype added in now Mathias?
Cutter is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Leonal

Old August 8th, 2011, 06:14 PM
The problem is that those answers create more issues with the Summoner class as a whole, and counters other things that works for other classes.

I'd expect/hope that they revise some of those entries. There are a whole range of posts at the Paizo boards discussing the topic.
Leonal is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Leonal

Old August 10th, 2011, 10:13 PM
(double post)
Now SKR has revised those FAQ entries, so it should perhaps be a bit clearer. It is still undecided regarding how enlarge person works, though.
Leonal is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Cutter

Old August 11th, 2011, 06:44 PM
There has to be enough answers in those FAQ's now to implement the archetype.

It might not be perfect but many things aren't.
Cutter is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kubodhi

Old October 26th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Glad to see a lot of updates recently. Bug fixes are much appreciate. Any chance of an ETA on Synthesist support implementation?
kubodhi is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
astrolay

Old November 17th, 2011, 05:34 AM
there are base forms for eidons, how do I incorperate that into the follower section? and evolutions?
astrolay is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Hargert

Old March 1st, 2012, 10:30 AM
So any word on when we might see the Synthesist get added?
Hargert is offline   #10 Reply With Quote