Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kodarr

Old January 28th, 2018, 04:36 PM
I have created a goblin in the dangers. I wanted to copy the goblin multiple times and adjusting it by adding levels of classes or slight change of equipment and levels to make a subcategories under goblin. However, I don't want to re add all the info over and over for goblin. But I'm not finding any way to copy a creature and paste a duplicate of one.

Is this something that can be done? Or would I have to re add the goblin over and over retyping everything from ac to ecology.
kodarr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old January 29th, 2018, 10:09 AM
You can duplicate a whole topic with all its snippets by clicking on the wrench icon on the upper left of the topic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Duplicate_topic.jpg (45.2 KB, 11 views)

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 29th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
You can duplicate a whole topic with all its snippets by clicking on the wrench icon on the upper left of the topic.
The other left :-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
craghammer

Old January 29th, 2018, 10:30 PM
I think kodarr aims to create a topic and copy it, to have Goblin appear multiple times as variations of it self - that is not possible. You can duplicate and alter a topic definition, but not copy a topic in it self.
My suggestion is to create the Goblin entry, and add snippets with various classes/challenge levels in the singular Goblin topic.
Otherwise you have to create a "master" Goblin topic and add sub-topics with variants - and that means adding all the detail again and again. (Create a text file with all the common information and paste that into the individual topics and add variant info as an addition to each topic)
Goblin
- Goblin Hero
- Goblin Chief
- Gpblin Warrior
- ... etc
craghammer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 30th, 2018, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodarr View Post
I have created a goblin in the dangers. I wanted to copy the goblin multiple times and adjusting it by adding levels of classes or slight change of equipment and levels to make a subcategories under goblin.
Depending on what exactly you want to do:

You can duplicate a Topic by picking Duplicate Topic from the Content Pane Options menu for that Topic (the hammer and wrench icon in the upper-right of the Topic while viewing it, or press F7).

Alternatively you could create new, simplified Topics for the variations, perhaps in a cut-down version of the Category.

If you're putting stats into the Topic, you could add more of the same type of snippet (Text/Statblock/Hero Lab/etc.) with the variations. If you're using Hero Lab for stats, you could also add more variations to a single portfolio if that works better for you.

Parody is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old January 30th, 2018, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craghammer View Post
I think kodarr aims to create a topic and copy it, to have Goblin appear multiple times as variations of it self - that is not possible. You can duplicate and alter a topic definition, but not copy a topic in it self.
My suggestion is to create the Goblin entry, and add snippets with various classes/challenge levels in the singular Goblin topic.
Otherwise you have to create a "master" Goblin topic and add sub-topics with variants - and that means adding all the detail again and again. (Create a text file with all the common information and paste that into the individual topics and add variant info as an addition to each topic)
Goblin
- Goblin Hero
- Goblin Chief
- Gpblin Warrior
- ... etc
I've done just as craghammer. I would also add not only do I do a level progression as he is referencing, but for encounter purposes I also do a variant snipit depending on other factors such as time of day PCs encounter the creature(s), whether the creature is aware of the intruder, etc. This gives you abit more flexibility.

my 2cp

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 30th, 2018, 01:51 PM
If you use Hero Lab I find it efficient just to have a Goblin Topic and inside that a Hero Lab Snippet that contains all the different variations of Goblins. Then when you trigger the portfolio you get to pick how many of each Goblin variant joins combat.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote