Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Senko

Old December 24th, 2019, 03:07 AM
So I want to modify the summoner class slightly (I know its already overpowerd but this is just for my own amusement). I've so far as I can tell completely copied the summoner class and linked it to my modifications. However I'm missing something important as the actual Eidolon is not there to create (kind of important for a summoner).

I've included the data file to look at and I'll keep messing around after christmas but if anyone else know's something or can spot what I haven't included to give this class the ability to create an Eidolon in the companion tab.

If possible I'd prefer to give it mythic paths not ranks (I like the idea of a summoner who's summon is mythic but they aren't). Any advice appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: email Summoner.user (20.8 KB, 1 views)
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old December 24th, 2019, 04:23 AM
Quick question, why did you duplicate the class instead of just creating a custom archetype. That tends to work better.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old December 24th, 2019, 01:08 PM
I'm not that experienced with herolab so most of my editing tends to be the simple to do things. In this case I didn't want to create a blanket archetype with more evolution points just open up the favorite class option that you can select for +1/4 a point per level to more races.

To do this I duplicated the half elf racial ability and modified a few things to move it to other races. However because summoner is a protected item in the system I couldn't just add "Race X Summoner HR" favorite class to it so I had to try and recreate the class by manually transferring every bit of information into a house ruled one. What I was after worked the house ruled summoner now lets the asamir test case select the +1/4 evolution pool favorite class option. However it doesn't let me create an Eidolon at all.

I'm just hoping there aren't other things I've missed that wont work right as I have no idea why the Ediolon isn't.

Last edited by Senko; December 24th, 2019 at 01:15 PM.
Senko is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old December 24th, 2019, 03:13 PM
So the approach for the favored class bonus makes no sense. a FCB can be created that applies to a class without having to modify the class. (IE it doesnt matter if its protected) Just create a new FCB for the summoner and unchained summer see fcSumHElf for an example. Once you have have an archetype you can modify the summoner class without needing to actually modify the source files. You can replace the abilities that you want to remove and then add the ones you want. Far cleaner and simpler.
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old December 24th, 2019, 06:07 PM
Um would you mind walking me how to do that please? The only way I could see to add a favoured class bonus i.e. +1/4 evolution points as a selectable option alongside things like +1 skill point was to modify the base class. The favoured class options . .. option only exists in there not in the archetypes tab so far as I can see. I can't modify the existing summoner because its part of a supplement. The exact warning that pops up is

"This thing is defined as part of a supplement, and cannot be copied, saved or duplicated. Any changes you make will be ignored and cannot be saved."

Which is why I had to create an entire new class that I can then apply the favoured class bonus to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg favored class.jpg (149.4 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Senko; December 24th, 2019 at 06:11 PM.
Senko is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old December 24th, 2019, 07:06 PM
So I missed a step, (Ive not actually created a custom FCB before) Once you create and define the FCB (I just picked the half-elf FCB and changed the races, you then need to create a custom mechanic that bootstraps it at First/51. That will allow it to show up.
Minous is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old December 25th, 2019, 03:01 AM
and you lost me at boostrap as I said I can really on manage basic stuff no coding.
Senko is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old December 25th, 2019, 06:12 AM
So once you copy/adjust the FCB, you then go to the General => Mechanics tab. New (Blank) then over on the right side you should see a Bootstrap button. Click that and there is a spot to enter a thing ID. Copy/paste the name of your new FCB there. Save, and restart HeroLab and it should appear.
Minous is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old December 25th, 2019, 03:50 PM
I'm guessing from your previous post I also select condition, first priority 51. Still not working for me I'm afraid. Favoured bonus doesn't show up unless I modify the class to allow it.

EDIT
Ok while playing around with your bootstrapping advice I got it working so summoner asimir now has the +1/4 evolution pool bonus. I don't actually know what change I made did it but I can at least duplicate the record for other races so thanks.

Now to move onto stage 2 figuring out how to give the Eidolon the mythic path rather than the summoner.

Last edited by Senko; December 25th, 2019 at 05:19 PM.
Senko is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old December 25th, 2019, 06:38 PM
That will require some coding. Ive not played too much with mythic myself. But I think the Hero.Mythic will need applied to the Eidolon.
Minous is offline   #10 Reply With Quote