Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Card Vault Forums > Card Vault

Notices

gilvagor

Old December 22nd, 2006, 12:56 PM
Is any kind author going to be making files for Starship Battles?. If there are already made would they be in the Star Wars files?.

Thanks,

Gil
gilvagor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
casper86

Old January 13th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I'm trying to work some up, but am having problems with a blank error message preventing me from loading them (and not knowing what the error is, I'm reduced to poking around). I will endeavor to work up some files if I can get the bug worked out.

One thing that will hamper me is I cannot find any reference for the complete stats of each ship. If anyone knows where they are located, please send me a message or post the link here. Without the stats being listed I can only put in the data for the ships I have gotten so far. I can still put in the names, collector number, and rarity for the entire set, though.

Thanks

Ted
casper86 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
casper86

Old January 14th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I got the bug fixed with my definition files, so I've begun work on the data files. I hope to have them done soon. The first set will allow inventory tracking. As I gather more stats from the ships, I'll continue to flesh out points and other stats.
casper86 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
casper86

Old January 21st, 2007, 10:29 AM
The draft data files are ready. I've included all the data from the starter set rules (on era and flavor text) and all the ship specifications from the cards (that I have) and the listings at swShoebox.com. I made one adjustment to the eras as they were non-specific in the starter set. Jango Fett uses his version of Slave I during the Clone Wars, while Boba Fett uses his version during the Galactic Civil War and New Republic eras. Note that there are no rules so far restricting ship selections by era (only side) but if subsequent rules are released I'll adjust as necessary.

If you find any errors or omissions, please contact me and I'll update the files. I haven't had them checked by someone else, so that's why they're draft for now...

Have fun!
casper86 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 25th, 2007, 03:48 PM
At 11:29 AM 1/21/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
The draft data files are ready.
Once you've got the files in good shape, let us know and we can set you up with an author account to post the files for others to use. We're also working to get the full SWSB spoiler data from Wizards right now so it can be used to generate complete data files. Please contact me offline to coordinate that process (helpdesk at wolflair.com).

Thanks, Rob
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old January 30th, 2007, 11:29 AM
There's a program available that someone has done up with all the stats of the ships with the pictures provided from Wizards. The link is nested in this thread if anybody wants to look at it.
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthrea...=750188&page=3
gilvagor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
casper86

Old February 24th, 2007, 09:49 AM
The data files are complete, I'm just waiting to get a logon for the upload site. As soon as I get the logon and post them, I'll drop a note here.

Thanks for the input on where to find the stats. It was invaluable for getting all the data to complete the file.
casper86 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:01 AM
At 10:49 AM 2/24/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
The data files are complete, I'm just waiting to get a logon for the upload site. As soon as I get the logon and post them, I'll drop a note here.

Thanks for the input on where to find the stats. It was invaluable for getting all the data to complete the file.
Who have you contacted about getting setup with an author account? Those almost always end up getting routed through to me (but not always), and I haven't seen one yet. If you haven't received a response yet, please contact me directly at helpdesk at wolflair.com. I believe the Authoring Kit manual includes the specifics of the information that I'll need to get you setup.

Thanks, Rob
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
casper86

Old March 3rd, 2007, 02:01 PM
Release 1.0 of the files has been uploaded to the Card Vault Data Files and Data Files R Us sites (files accessible at http://www.datafilesrus.com/cv/swmsb-1_0.cv). This release contains all the ships from the basic release. Send me an e-mail if you notice any errors. Have fun!

Ted
casper86 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old March 7th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Awesome. Thanks for the data files.
gilvagor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote