Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

EightBitz

Old August 16th, 2016, 10:05 PM
I downloaded a .stock file with a whole bunch of DC characters, and some of the heroes' names are grey. I'm not sure what this means.

I know that if the names are in black, it's you're basic PC. If the name is in green, then it's a minion, HQ, or equipment that belongs to another player (e.g. the Batcave and the Batmobile are green because they belong to Batman).

Not sure what grey means, though.

I've attached an image of my dashboard.
Attached Images
File Type: png MM3E-Dashboard.png (19.6 KB, 10 views)
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 20th, 2016, 12:42 PM
That's the dashboard's way of indicating which characters are not currently active on it. I'm guessing "Bat" was the one you had selected at that time.
Paragon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 20th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
That's the dashboard's way of indicating which characters are not currently active on it. I'm guessing "Bat" was the one you had selected at that time.
The active one is purple, and does not have the target icon to select as the active hero. In this case, "Bat" was not the active hero. You'll notice it's black instead of purple, and it still has the target icon to indicate I can make it the active hero.

So, nope. That's not it.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 21st, 2016, 09:16 AM
I've been puzzling over this, and looking through the documentation, and I still don't have an answer. It happens in both 2E and 3E and does not seem to be associated with whether they're allies or enemies, whether they are minions or not.

The general documentation states
Quote:
The name of the active hero, open in the main Hero Lab window, appears in yellow. The names of henchmen, familiars, companions and the like appear in blue. Other heroes' names appear in white. You may view and edit information normally on the active hero.
which is obviously out of date since henchpeople show up in green and active in purple. The individual documentation for Hero Lab mentions nothing about colors.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 21st, 2016, 08:45 PM
Hmmm. Then I agree, its a mystery.
Paragon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 21st, 2016, 09:53 PM
So, just now, I created a number of blank heroes in hero lab. No differences between them except their names.

All but one were black. The one that wasn't was grey. So, I don't think it really means anything. I think it's some sort of bug.
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote