Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bexley

Old October 1st, 2011, 03:06 PM
I am building a data file for a new game system.

When I select a unit and add it to the roster, the first line of the unit in the roster view is "Squad (1[stick figure], 25 ap)".

Two questions:

1. How do I change "squad" to something else? For example, if I'm building a list for 40k, and I select a Lord Commissar, that first line reads, "HQ: Lord Commissar (1[stick figure], 70 pts)" Or if I select an Infantry Platoon it'll read "Troops: Infantry Platoon (25[stick figure],130 pts)" The game I'm writing the files for uses platoons as a basic unit, and I like that little header to read "Platoon" instead of "Squad." I've pored over the 40k data/definition files, and I'm at a loss as to how this is done.

2. Is there any way to have the "ap" capitalized? the system I'm writing for uses Army Points, abbreviated as "AP." However, entering "AP" in the points abbreviation field of the definition file results in "aP." I'm assuming that the Army Builder program is responsible, and is automatically placing the first letter in lowercase. (I tried entering "DDD" as the abbreviation, as a test, and it shows up as "dDD.")
Bexley is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
fyrebyrd
Volunteer Data File Author

Old October 3rd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Can't help you with #2 but here is the answer to #1:

Start Here:

Use this:

And this is what you get:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg squad name.jpg (46.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg squad name2.jpg (25.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg squad name3.jpg (16.7 KB, 26 views)

Fyrebyrd
AB40k Beta Tester

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
fyrebyrd is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bexley

Old October 4th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Thank you! As much as I like Army Builder, the manual needs some real work. At first, I'd thought it was just terrible and unhelpful. The more I go through it, though, the better things are becoming. All the information is in there, it's just scattered all over. It's almost seems like the pages are scrambled. I will spend three hours trying to figure out how to implement a script or get a particular behavior, only to give up and move on. Then while trying to figure something else out, I stumble across a key sentence or paragraph that makes the previous issue solvable in about five minutes.
Bexley is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Bexley

Old October 4th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Heh. So, I was just learning how to do procedures, and while reverse engineering the 40K files, I came across the procedure call that renames squads.

(Though, without your help, it is unlikely that the script would have jumped out at me, and I'd have probably gone right by it.)
Bexley is offline   #4 Reply With Quote