Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Freewolf

Old December 13th, 2018, 06:20 PM
So I have created the base race for a monster within the editor in a user file. Then I use that creature to create a stock file selecting the monster as the creature race. This all works fine, however in the encounter building the creature is showing up twice, once for the race in the .user data file and one for the creature in the .stock file.

Is there any way to hide the creature that is in the .user from the encounter builder?
Freewolf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 13th, 2018, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewolf View Post
So I have created the base race for a monster within the editor in a user file. Then I use that creature to create a stock file selecting the monster as the creature race. This all works fine, however in the encounter building the creature is showing up twice, once for the race in the .user data file and one for the creature in the .stock file.

Is there any way to hide the creature that is in the .user from the encounter builder?
I would advise looking for a .por file you have saved in addition to the .stock file in the data folder. Its totally 100% impossible for the encounter builder to read the data in the .user file. Encounter builder only reads .por or .stock files.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Freewolf

Old December 14th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Thanks Shadow. This is totally what was going on. I missed this.
Freewolf is offline   #3 Reply With Quote