Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

NeoSkye

Old November 26th, 2018, 08:37 PM
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this was asked before, I couldn't find it while searching here on the forums. In our game, I recently acquired an item with a number of charges that varies day to day (to be more specific, it has 2d6 charges per day).

Is there a way to represent this using the editor? I currently have it set up as a gear and simply putting 2d6 into the Base Charges field just makes it 2.

Thanks!
NeoSkye is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old November 28th, 2018, 07:55 AM
If you have the item in gear or magic, thenh you could add the 'Custom Text' adjustment to the item. This is found on the Adjustments tab under Equipment. Theere are three versions of this adjustment: Armor, Weapons, Equipment.

I use these adjustments a lot myself along with the 'Equipment, Notes' adjustment.

If the item is going to be long term, or the DM plans to hand out more of the item, I'll actually create the item in one of my custom .user files.

Hope these suggestions help.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old November 28th, 2018, 09:29 AM
You can also set the charges field on the item to 12 (the maximum) and don't set a recharge or usage period. It would force you to manually adjust the charges in the item. Just update the description to say you have to manually roll 2d6 daily and recharge by that much.

The problem with trying to script something random into the daily recharge is that the logic for the recharge is code hidden from us. LW would have to open up the code to us or show some examples in their wiki on how to adjust or make custom recharge coding.
dungeonguru is offline   #3 Reply With Quote