Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Sorris

Old November 19th, 2018, 03:45 PM
I'm trying to create and activated ability that grants +2 to hit and +2 to damage, while applying a -2 to AC, I've got the ability and description created as a special ability for the race, but can't figure our how to add the modifiers.
Sorris is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old November 20th, 2018, 11:28 AM
You can manipulate Armor Class with something like:

hero.child[ArmorClass].field[Bonus].value += 2

The to hit and damage are a bit trickier. You might try a script like:

foreach pick in hero from BaseWep
eachpick.field[Bonus].value += 2
nexteach

This would add a +2 bonus to hit and damage to all weapons, even those not equipped so you might want to narrow it down like:

foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "wGroup.Natural"
eachpick.field[wDamExtra].text &= " plus 10 (3d6) poison"
nexteach

which would limit it to weapons that are natural weapons only. Foreach loops can be intensive on processing and slow down the client unless you limit their scope.

EDIT: Timing is important here, you probably want to look at other things that do similar and play with the timing on the scripts and test them out.

Last edited by dungeonguru; November 20th, 2018 at 11:31 AM. Reason: forgot about timing
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old December 11th, 2018, 06:47 AM
Take a look at the Great Weapon Master feat. It adds a checkbox to activate an ability that grants -5 to your to hit modifiers and a +10 to your damage. Using that plus dungeonguru's AC code, you may be able to cobble together what you want to do here.

Then I think you'd just need to bootstrap that to the race, though I could be wrong there.
Fenris447 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote