Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

xangpow

Old December 12th, 2018, 05:29 AM
I might not be looking in the right spot, but has Guildmasters Guild to Ravnica in Hero Labs yet?
xangpow is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old December 12th, 2018, 07:39 AM
Short answer: no.

Long answer: not yet. All 5e content (outside of the stuff in the free rules) has to be created for and added to Hero Lab by independent community members, hence the 5e Community Pack. Work is still being done on Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes and Eberron, so Ravnica is definitely a ways off.

That said, the fastest way to get the Ravnica stuff in is to learn the editor and start building it yourself. Yeah, that takes a while, too. But it's worth it to provide for the whole community.
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
xangpow

Old December 13th, 2018, 04:51 AM
The funny thing is I have tried to learn how to make and/or modify files for Hero Labs but it never worked out right. So I figured I would just let others do the hard work. I will say, I was able to edit the spelling and grammar. But to manipulate the system to do stuff, I couldn't do that. lol
xangpow is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 13th, 2018, 10:42 AM
I have zero interest in ravica. So this is not something I'll be looking at personally doing.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Genghiswookie

Old December 17th, 2018, 12:49 AM
I've started coding the races for Ravnica - I think I've got the races doneexcept the Simic Hybrids; I lack the knowledge/skill to code their animal parts, beyond simple text. Centaurs, goblins and minotaurs required nontrivial modifications from the 5e norm, Loxodons and Vedalken required creating the racial abilities (my implementation for Tireless Precision lacks elegance, as I'm uncertain as to how to get the random modifier included on the Skills page.)
I have yet to code the Guild backgrounds, but compared to the races they are likely to be easy
Convincing Hero Lab to only allow Ravnica choices is tedious - my Preclude list is over 50 and counting, including races and languages.
If anyone has already completed coding Ravnica, please let me know - I have players keen to play in the setting
Genghiswookie is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old December 17th, 2018, 05:44 AM
Damn, you beat me to it, Genghis. I was about to start working on the Simics.

Just curious, how did you do the Loxodon's armor based on STR? That was the one thing I hadn't nailed dow for them.

If you want someone to peer review your stuff that's familiar with the races, I'm happy to oblige.

For the backgrounds, I think the challenge will be how to integrate the extra spells adding to casters' spell lists based on guild and level.

EDIT: Also, I'm going to start working on the backgrounds. I'll go from the "bottom" up in case you already started, too. We can meet in the middle and combine our efforts to get a file ready for the community.

Last edited by Fenris447; December 17th, 2018 at 10:12 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old December 17th, 2018, 11:48 AM
I'm outlining what we need to do for the Simic abilities. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can point us in the right direction for these.

At level 1, give one choice from these:
  • Manta Glide - text only
  • Nimble Climber - Grant climb speed = walking speed
  • Underwater Adaptation - grant amphibious, grant swim speed = walking speed

At total character level 5, give one choice from these or one of the level 1 choices that wasn't selected:
  • Grappling Appendages (Claws)- grant an unarmed strike with Claws natural weapon using 1d6 bludgeoning + STR mod, effect text stating it can be used to grapple but not for other uses
  • Grappling Appendages (Tentacles)- same as above, replace Claws with Tentacles
  • Carapace - grant +1AC if not wearing heavy armor
  • Acid Spit - grant ability that does 2d10 damage with Dex save against 8+prof+CON mod, increase damage by 1d10 at character level 11 and again at 17. Range 30ft. Add tracker for uses = CON mod (min 1), resets on long rest.

For backgrounds, each one has two extra lists of choices, one for a contact within the guild and another from without. I looked at the Hermit as an example of a class that allows for another choice from a list (in addition to the standard four for bonds, flaws, etc.) I cant find an example from the community of something with two separate lists.

The easy solution is to add the one list, allow for two choices, add some text to indicate you pick one guild and one-non guild contact, and include all choices on a single list, with each choice indicating it's in or out of guild. The more elegant solution is to build in a second custom list, but I don't know how easy that would be.

Last edited by Fenris447; December 17th, 2018 at 11:55 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old December 28th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Just FYI to any interested, I'm getting started on the backgrounds. At the very least, I can build out the basics. Unless someone else steps in, I'm going to go with my above route for doing contacts; one grouped list for both sets of contacts.

I think I may also add a simple tracker for the In-Play tab that tracks guild renown levels. Right now I'm thinking just the number, but if there's an easy way to display more information based on the title that level grants, I'm open to it.
Fenris447 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old December 28th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
I'm outlining what we need to do for the Simic abilities. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can point us in the right direction for these.

At level 1, give one choice from these:
  • Manta Glide - text only
  • Nimble Climber - Grant climb speed = walking speed
  • Underwater Adaptation - grant amphibious, grant swim speed = walking speed

At total character level 5, give one choice from these or one of the level 1 choices that wasn't selected:
  • Grappling Appendages (Claws)- grant an unarmed strike with Claws natural weapon using 1d6 bludgeoning + STR mod, effect text stating it can be used to grapple but not for other uses
  • Grappling Appendages (Tentacles)- same as above, replace Claws with Tentacles
  • Carapace - grant +1AC if not wearing heavy armor
  • Acid Spit - grant ability that does 2d10 damage with Dex save against 8+prof+CON mod, increase damage by 1d10 at character level 11 and again at 17. Range 30ft. Add tracker for uses = CON mod (min 1), resets on long rest.
I would suggest maybe looking at maybe doing these like the Dragonborn race does for its ancestry.

If you copy Dragonborn you'll see three fields:
rGiveSpec
rSpecName
rSpecSing

What I would suggest doing for simic is:
1. rGiveSpec is 1 in the race definition
add a script to the base race that says at total levels of 5, add 1 to rGiveSpec

2. rSpecName would be set to Simic Abilities
rSpecSing would be set to Simic Ability

3. Each of the Simic Abilities would be similar to the dragonborn Blue, Red, etc... but you could add a pre-req or expr-req that would throw an error if picked before the appropriate level.

That should work, jut need to make sure the rGiveSpec script happens post-levels (so that levels exist).
dungeonguru is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old December 28th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Ghengiswookie - Could you share your work with me? I'd like to take a stab at the Simics, and it would be easier for me to use your file for background languages like Velkaden instead of us each having different versions.

Dungeonguru - Thanks for the advice! I'll see if I can make it work in a test file then integrate it with Ghengis's work.

Any advice on adding more selection lists for the backgrounds? Rakdos needs three more aside from the standard 4 lists, same with a few others.
Fenris447 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote