Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Vynx

Old October 28th, 2018, 07:33 PM
Hey guy's,

I'm a long time user of the Community Pack (great work by the way) but I'm recently having a hard time downloading the content from the usual link (www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/5e/updates.xml) on 2 different iPad I provide to my players. The Xml looks fine, but the content is never downloading.

Any hint?

Last edited by Vynx; October 28th, 2018 at 09:16 PM. Reason: 2 links to the same xml
Vynx is offline   #661 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 28th, 2018, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
Hey guy's,

I'm a long time user of the Community Pack (great work by the way) but I'm recently having a hard time downloading the content from the usual link (www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/5e/updates.xml) on 2 different iPad I provide to my players. The Xml looks fine, but the content is never downloading.

Any hint?
Yeah I just tried and the iPad keeps crashing trying to download. I don’t think it has anything to do with the download itself as it works on the desktop. The iPad app changes recently have made the app very touchy.

I will put in an official bug report about the issue and see what LW says...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #662 Reply With Quote
KillerKodiak69

Old October 30th, 2018, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroneil View Post
Hey everyone, I'm wondering if there's a way to add a custom companion to the UA Ranger. When I add the companion via the UA Ranger, there doesn't seem to be a way to do it, and when I add an NPC, it doesn't give me the option to add my prof bonuses, let them roll hit dice for extra HP, or choose extra skill proficiencies for it.

Even if I had to edit some files or something of the sort, I'd love it if someone could point me at a tutorial. Thanks a bunch.
I'm also wondering how to do this, since my DM is going to allow me to take a Blink Dog as my Animal Companion. Can't quite figure out where the options for Animal Companion are located or find a data file containing Blink Dog to copy...
KillerKodiak69 is offline   #663 Reply With Quote
Vynx

Old November 1st, 2018, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Yeah I just tried and the iPad keeps crashing trying to download. I don’t think it has anything to do with the download itself as it works on the desktop. The iPad app changes recently have made the app very touchy.

I will put in an official bug report about the issue and see what LW says...
Herolab update 8.7.3 seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks ShadowChemosh!
Vynx is offline   #664 Reply With Quote
Freewolf

Old November 8th, 2018, 07:24 AM
So something seems to have happened to my Hero Lab. The Community Pack (and my custom packs) are not longer showing up in the Configure Hero option screen. The Community Pack has been downloaded, and all the files are located in
C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e, but Hero lab does not seem to be reading them.

What might be the cause of this?
Freewolf is offline   #665 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 10th, 2018, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewolf View Post
So something seems to have happened to my Hero Lab. The Community Pack (and my custom packs) are not longer showing up in the Configure Hero option screen. The Community Pack has been downloaded, and all the files are located in
C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e, but Hero lab does not seem to be reading them.

What might be the cause of this?
The most common reason is your getting an error on load. Once HL gets an error it loads in safe mode and will not load any .user files.

Do you have any of your own .user files that could have an error?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #666 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old December 13th, 2018, 07:01 AM
I just want to thank everyone involved for their work in creating and maintaining this Community Pack. I am finally able to create my Adventurer's League character, an Arcane Archer, and carry my iPad to the game store/or print out character record sheets.

Last edited by wynlyndd; December 13th, 2018 at 07:05 AM.
wynlyndd is offline   #667 Reply With Quote
KiwiBlaze

Old January 8th, 2019, 01:41 PM
I think I have found a bug. Because I don't use Gethub I cannot create a new bug report.

Recreation of bug
Use the Background Folk Hero

Creates the Gear item "Land Vehicles" { Unique ID (gVehLandH) } with no description text.

This item is not meant to be an actual object, but a proficiency to use Vehicles (Land) and listed under tools simular to { gTooMason } and { gTooSmith }.

Please note, I might have watched a few videos, but no idea where or how to fix this ^.^
KiwiBlaze is offline   #668 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old February 10th, 2019, 06:40 AM
I know I'm a little late coming into 5e and how this package was built, but is there any way to be a bit more granular on being albe to exclude content based on Source?

There are a lot of items with multiple published sources -- and having the ability to selectively include/exclude certain books would be extremely helpful.
Quintain is offline   #669 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 10th, 2019, 11:30 AM
It's already based on book/product?

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #670 Reply With Quote