Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

xWhiteGodx

Old November 26th, 2018, 11:55 AM
The current quandary I stumbled upon is making a hierarchy stack to determine whether or not to increase the value of a Configurable. Currently I have this eval script (Post-Level, 10,000):

Code:
       doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] <> 0)

if (#hasability[cHydroKinet] + #hasability[cGeokinet] + #hasability[cAirKinet] >= 0) then
      hero.childfound[cfgWildTalent].field[cfgMax1].value += 1

elseif (#hasability[cPyrokinet] + #hasability[cEE1PyroKinet] >= 0) then
      hero.childfound[cfgWildTalent].field[cfgMax1].value -= 0
endif
The script is in the Special Ability [cEE1PyroKinet]. What I want to do, is make it so
Quote:
If Class has [cHydroKinet], or [cGeokinet] or [cAirKinet](Primary Ability Table for class)
then
Quote:
increase [cfgWildTalent].field[cfgMax1].value by 1
However,
Quote:
If Class has [cPyrokinet]
then
Quote:
Decrease [cfgWildTalent].field[cfgMax1].value by 1
The issue I run into, is that it either works all the time, or works none of the time - meaning it'll always give a +1 to the Configurable, regardless of if I have those abilities or not, or it doesn't give it at all. I'm stumped on this one and have spent 2 hours working on it. I can't progress through the class without making this one piece of script work, because it needs to be copy/pasted (then slightly modified) for other abilities of the same.

Last edited by xWhiteGodx; September 23rd, 2019 at 05:54 PM.
xWhiteGodx is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
xWhiteGodx

Old September 23rd, 2019, 05:52 PM
Necroing the hell out of this thread as it's still unresolved, even almost a year later.

The issue still persists - I can't figure out why the script won't deactivate or activate that bonus for other requirements being met.

Script 2: Final Phase; 10,000

Code:
       doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] < 0)

if (#hasability[cHydroKinet] + #hasability[cGeokinet] + #hasability[cAirKinet] > 0) then

if (#hasability[cPyrokinet] > 0) then
      hero.childfound[cfgWildTalent].field[cfgMax1].value -= 1
endif
endif
No matter what I do for the script, if the Hero has cHydroKinet, or cGeokinet, or cAirKinet and cEE1PyroKinet, it doesn't increase [cfgMax1] by 1 point.

>Assume Hero chooses Water for base element [cHydroKinet]
>Hero reaches level 7, Hero chooses expanded element to dive into, or expands current element
>If Hero chooses Fire as expanded element [cEE1PyroKinet], Hero should get [cfgMax1] +1

This does not happen. Why? I get no errors when saving and testing, but it doesn't actually do anything. Even if I put an elseif, nothing changes. I could always give an automatic [cfgMax1] +1 for reaching level 7, when the element can be chosen, but there's no way to reduce that by 1 if they pick a certain thing. I would really love help with this.

The intent is that if the Hero has any element besides fire as the starting element to increase [cfgMax1] by 1, and not to if fire is the starting element.

Last edited by xWhiteGodx; September 23rd, 2019 at 05:59 PM.
xWhiteGodx is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 24th, 2019, 03:43 AM
Sometimes it's not just the scripting, but the timing. I see you've been in post-level and final phases, have you tried earlier? Have you tried moving the phase internal timing from 10000 to 15000 or earlier to 5000?

I assume you have, so here's a rewrite that doesn't require you to use a subtraction and nested if/then looping.

Code:
doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] < 0)
~ drop here if we have cPyrokinet already
doneif (#hasability[cPyrokinet] > 0)
~ add 1 to my cfgMax1 otherwise. 
In this method we test to see if we have cPyrokinet, and only add 1 if we do.
dungeonguru is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 24th, 2019, 03:48 AM
Also, the

doneif (tagis(Helper.Disable] < 0)

seems off, i've only seen it in code as

doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] = 1)

or

I'm not sure if the Helper.Disable count ever gets a negative number but wondering if it might not be initialized correctly during certain phases and that's kicking you out of the script altogether early.
dungeonguru is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
xWhiteGodx

Old September 25th, 2019, 04:39 PM
Yea, I realized that it was set to a negative value, but it really didn't change/do much. Even using your script and making some small changes didn't do anything besides ignore the doneif (#hasability[cPyrokinet] > 0) section and automatically add to cfgMax1.

It seems that the eval script outright ignores the entire if unless it's >= 0

This is what I have for the script right now:

Code:
endif
However it does nothing, but gives no errors. If I change the > 0 to >= 0 then it always works (as it's always equal to or greater than zero). Changing it to = 1 or anything of that variation doesn't work (well, > 1 works because it's the same as >= 0).

I honestly think the macro itself refuses to work in that scenario. In a 2nd script where I increase cfgMax2, 3, and 4 as part of grabbing the ability the scripts are on [cEE1PyroKinet]. Those work perfectly, and if I add

Code:
~Increase Basic Blasts by 1
     if (field[xTotalLev].value >= 7) then

endif
to the end of the second, or even the first eval script, it'll always give a +1 to it, but reversing the other script to
Code:
hero.childfound[cfgWildTalent].field[cfgMax1].value -= 1
endif
produces the same problem. I think the (#hasability[cXXX] >0) line just simply does nothing in regards to determining when to add or subtract a value for cfgMax1.

It's been driving me crazy.
xWhiteGodx is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 26th, 2019, 03:30 AM
I did a search and I think the issue is with the abillity getting added in a configurable too late for #hasability[] to get a proper tag count and is always returning a 0 or being added via configurable isn't setting the right tag for #hasability to include it in a count.

ShadowChemosh talks about this in a thread here and suggests using hero.childlives[xxx] as the test criteria and also says #hasfeat[] has the same issue.

I'm not sure if this will fix your issue, but it's worth trying.
dungeonguru is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
xWhiteGodx

Old September 26th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
I did a search and I think the issue is with the abillity getting added in a configurable too late for #hasability[] to get a proper tag count and is always returning a 0 or being added via configurable isn't setting the right tag for #hasability to include it in a count.

ShadowChemosh talks about this in a thread here and suggests using hero.childlives[xxx] as the test criteria and also says #hasfeat[] has the same issue.

I'm not sure if this will fix your issue, but it's worth trying.
Oh you madman. Thank you for finding this niche bit of info. I don't know how I didn't find it after off and on looking for a year. I can finally (hopefully) finish this abomination of a class. I'm not even finished with it, but I'm looking at:

1 class
1 class level
16 class specials
131 custom abilities
25 spells

The latter 2 will be increasing now that the piece of code correctly identifies it. Woop!
xWhiteGodx is offline   #7 Reply With Quote