Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Freewolf

Old November 23rd, 2018, 09:26 PM
So I am working on coding and importing the Wayfinders Guide to Eberron for my own use.

So I am working on a variant Half-Elf. I have got most of the things worked out. However I am having trouble with a few things.

I am trying to enter in the variant in the Var. Racial Trt.

One if the Ability Score Increases and the other is Languages.
I am trying to remove the standard +2 to Cha and +1 to two other stats ASI for the Basic Half-Elf and replace it with a +1 to Dex and +1 to Cha and +1 to any ability.

I seems to have gotten a drop down for the +1 to any ability. However Checking removed Racial Special Abilities and checking the raHElfAbil id does not seem to be removing the two drop downs for the base race as I would have expected. Additionally I am not clear on how to add the +1 to Dex and +1 to con for my new base for the variant half-elf.

Secondly I want to remove the additional language from the base half elf. So there are just the two starting languages. I am not clear on how to remove this as well. As an option for languages does not seem to appear in the Var. Racial Trt tab.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Freewolf; November 23rd, 2018 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Misspelled Title
Freewolf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old November 24th, 2018, 11:06 AM
I've been working on WGtE for my own use also. I had a very similar issue.

What I am doing to resolve it is creating new versions of the races like half-elf and half-orc and giving them subraces. One of those subraces duplicates the abilities of the original version of the given race.

So far, I have found this the easiest route to the issues I have been having.

I will be uploading what I create to GIT when I am ready.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Freewolf

Old November 24th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Care to do any collaboration with the WGtE stuff?

I know that route can work and I was hoping to avoid that route. I am very close to having everything in place. I even have it so that the base ability score selections don't work. Just trying to get them to disappear. =/
Freewolf is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old November 24th, 2018, 10:02 PM
I'm having prblems getting the files up on the GIT site. Once I do, we can always use help.

I'm behind on stuff I said I'd help out with.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote